X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goroddy
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] 4.1.5 to 4.1.6

Just thought i would do the upgrade after seeing the message on my cms , opened up my customer section at vbulletin but not quite sure where the actual download is or what title it comes under ?

Now after i have downloaded it do i do a ftp and just allow for the file to overwrite existing files , this is the first upgrade so all news to me

Love to know thanks

regards
  • we_are_borg
    • Aug 2004
    • 4.2.X

First of all backup backup its important if you fail to do so and something happened you can lose information. Than read http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...ng-A-Test-Site first test then upgrade a live site never upgrade a live site without testing.

When your going to upgrade the live site do:

1. Make sure all add-ons and style are compatible with new version
    2. Close site
    3. Backup database.
    4. Backup all files.
    5. Overwrite old files with new.
    6. Use the upgrade file in the install directory.
    7. Follow what is said in the installer.
    8. You should be done.

I can not say this enough backup is they key in this if something happens you can go back and open the old version in less time then repairing it.

Comment

• goroddy
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

Thanks for the info ..............how often does this happen (upgrades) ??

Comment

• we_are_borg
        • Aug 2004
        • 4.2.X

Well where now at version 4.1.6 they released 15 versions in almost 2 years so every 45 days or so, but you really need to test and then look if its worth the trouble upgrading.

Comment