X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TiltedTopher
    • Sep 2011

[Forum] Domain forwarding problem

Hi there,

Going to give the whole story as it might help. I originally got my domain name on Godaddy, but I bought my space on Network solutions. We had made a forum and a front page for our site using their website builder, after long debate we decided the vBulletin was what we needed for what we were wanting to be done. So we decided to make our main site address go to our new forum root. Problem is now that we have pushed the button to forward it we cannot work on the site at all. We called NS and they said it was a problem that Godaddy could fix, called them and they say it is a vBulletin issue, as we should still be able to access the site while the transfer is happening. The hair from my head is begging for me to pull it out...... If anyone has a suggestion for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance,

Topher
  • whitey10tc
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.0.x

So what exactly is the problem?
    Your registrar is godaddy and your host is NS?
    Your URL forwards to domainname.com/forum?
    And both godaddy and NS are idiots and don't know or understand what the problem is?

Are those the problems?

Do you have cPanel hosting? Because any type of url redirect is really handled through either the registrar or host/server.
    www.cdmagurus.com
    www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment