New forum is up but main URL goes to Index of/ page??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kees
    • Jan 2012
    • 4.1.x

New forum is up but main URL goes to Index of/ page??

Hi All, I have reinstalled some VB v.4 that I bought a year and a half ago on it's own server so have access to settings etc.

I have got as far as setting it all up but can only seem to go to the forum using myurl/forum/forum.php

the URL alone take me to the following where clicking on the forum folder takes me to the home page (forum/forum.php). How the hell do I get ride of this landing page??

Many Thanks

Index of /
    forum folder here -Jun-2013 20:49 -
    Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at www.myurl.com Port 80
  • snakes1100
    • Aug 2001

Servers are by default set to check for a index file, eitehr a .htm, .html .php .shtml etc.

Upload the index.php file from vb zip to the forum folder, you can change a setting in the admincp vbulletin options to make index.php your main landing page.
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

If you don't want a landing page why not install the forum in the root directory rather than the /forum. folder?

You can setup an htaccess redirect to forward / to /forum/forum.php but I think having it in the root looks better.

If you want to move it just go to the Admin CP -> Settings -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details and update the Forum URL to the new address )(http://www.domain.com) BEFORE you move... then just move the files up one level, everything should work.

Comment

• Kees
        • Jan 2012
        • 4.1.x

Thanks for the responses here guys.

Comment