X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SemperFideles
    • Oct 2006
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] vBulletin 4.1.6 Mobile Style - Grid Menu doesn't work

I just upgraded to 4.1.6 the other day and installed the vbulletin-mobile-style.xml to add the Mobile Style as a selectable style.

I'm able to see the Forum but when I click on the Grid Menu button it always goes to the home page. I have disabled all hooks and plugins with the same result.
    Rich
  • Jinovich
    • Feb 2005
    • 3.5.x

I have the same issue.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

Have you imported the CMS and Blog XML style files also?
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Jinovich
        • Feb 2005
        • 3.5.x

This is awkward as I have just hijacked this persons thread.

I have not but that is because I do not use these products

Comment

• ****Ice_Man****
          • Aug 2011
          • 4.1.x

I have the same issue.
          Mobile Files inportiroval styles, but the components do not use the CMS.

Comment

• ****Ice_Man****
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.1.x

first turn and then turned off the component of the CMS and after the data manipulation gridmenu to work.

Comment

• tpearl5
              • Jul 2001
              • 4.2.X

I'm having the same issue. I have imported the CMS and Blog templates. When clicking on the grid it goes back to the homepage. This is happening for both of my sites that are running 4.1.6

Capture more registrations - Advanced Guest Posting & Registration
              Cell Phone Forums | Nikonites

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Link to your site?
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Infopro
                  • Jun 2003
                  • 3.8.x

Add me to this list. Reinstalled mobile theme xmls, turned off and back on CMS and BLOG grid link does not work.

This is on my testvb so cannot provide link..

Comment

• macmee
                    • Mar 2011

Also not working for me, just links to the normal forum index.

Comment

• Infopro
                      • Jun 2003
                      • 3.8.x

Well, to be clear it links properly I believe. Where you are redirected to after clicking it is wrong.

Comment

• macmee
                        • Mar 2011

I didn't want to wait for an official fix before releasing this skin on my forum so I've created a new "grid" interface. You can try it if you want, I created it as light weight as possible so it might not work for you like it did me. Open Admin > Templates > Mobile Style > Manage Templates then double click "header" to edit it and paste the above in the very top:

HTML Code:
                        <script>jQuery(document).ready(function(){var c='<span onclick="window.location = \'index.php\'" class="ui-btn-inner ui-btn-corner-all"><span class="ui-btn-text">Forum Index</span> </span>';var f='<span onclick="window.location = \'search.php\'" class="ui-btn-inner ui-btn-corner-all"><span class="ui-btn-text">Search</span> </span>';var g='<span onclick="window.location = \'private.php\'" class="ui-btn-inner ui-btn-corner-all"><span class="ui-btn-text">Private Messages</span> </span>';var b="<span onclick=\"window.location = '"+jQuery('a[href*="login.php?do=logout"]').attr("href")+'\'" class="ui-btn-inner ui-btn-corner-all"><span class="ui-btn-text">Logout</span> </span>';var e='<span onclick="window.location = \'mobile.php?do=login\'" class="ui-btn-inner ui-btn-corner-all"><span class="ui-btn-text">Login</span> </span>';var a='<span onclick="window.location = \'search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post\'" class="ui-btn-inner ui-btn-corner-all"><span class="ui-btn-text">New Posts</span> </span>';var d='<span onclick="jQuery(\'.topselection\').slideUp()" class="ui-btn-inner ui-btn-corner-all"><span class="ui-btn-text">Close</span> </span>';jQuery("body").append('<div style="display: none" class="topselection ui-body ui-body-a"> <div data-theme="c" class="ui-btn ui-btn-corner-all ui-shadow ui-btn-down-c ui-btn-up-c" aria-disabled="false">'+((RELPATH!="forum.php")?c:"")+""+((LOGGEDIN)?g:"")+""+((LOGGEDIN)?f:"")+""+a+""+((LOGGEDIN)?b:e)+""+d+" </div> </div>");jQuery('a[href*="mobile.php?do=gridmenu"]').click(function(h){jQuery(".topselection").slideDown();h.preventDefault()})});</script>
                        Hit save, of course.

I have that running on my forum and it's functioning fine, I don't know if it will be of any use to anyone else until vBulletin fixes the bug, though!
                        Last edited by macmee; Sun 25 Sep '11, 12:37pm.

Comment

• ZeroHour
                          • Sep 2007

Sadly I am having this issue too.

Comment

• Talaturen
                            • Dec 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Using 4.1.9 and I have this issue with CMS and Blog styles installed too.

EDIT: Fixed by selecting the style as default for old browsers.

Comment

• CyberSultan
                              • Oct 2009

I'm having this issue with 4.1.9. Have not tried using the mobile version until now. Imported all necessary xml files. Grid menu button just takes me to home page (home page is my CMS page).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...