Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichieBoy67
    • Mar 2004

[CMS] Client removed cms tables

Hey everyone, I hope you are well. Thanks for taking a look at this.

I have a client with 4.2.1 installed. he was having all kinds of errors and i just figured out why. It looks like he deleted his cms tables most likely not knowing he could just turn the cms off. At any rate, will rerunning the latest upgrade script just re-add these tables or is there any way you guys could just give me the missing table queries so I can run them?

Much appreciated,
    Richie
  • RichieBoy67
    • Mar 2004

Well apparently he deleted his files as well. I suppose I will need to rerun his upgrade but will this replace the tables or will it jam things up?

Comment

• snakes1100
      • Aug 2001

There have been issues when uninstalling the CMS, it doesnt drop all the tables, if he did uninstall the CMS, the tables are most likely gone, you can restore them from a backup or create new ones running the installer for the CMS.

Simply upload the files from the vb zip file.
      Gentoo Geek

Comment

• RichieBoy67
        • Mar 2004

well no.. this is the problem--he did not uninstall. He went directly into the database and deleted the tables. My concern was just that running the upgrade script would jam up instead of just re-adding the tables..haha. My main concern was the database. I think the files are there actually so running the upgrade.php is no problem. I was just a little concerned about getting stuck because the tables not existing any more..

So running the upgrade script should replace the missing tables?

yes ofcourse I know how to upload the files..lol he just does not have the zip file right now and wont be home until later. I was hoping to just run the upgrade script. I thought the files were gone but it looks like he did not remove them..just the tables were deleted..

Thanks so much for the reply

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Go into the plugin and product tables and delete the rows related to the vbulletin_cms product.

Then (this is important)... Go into the Manage Products screen and edit a product and save it. You don't need to change anything. Follow up by editing a single plugin and saving it. This will rebuild caches and datastores.

Once that is done, you should be able to reinstall the CMS.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• RichieBoy67
            • Mar 2004

Awesome Wayne as always!! Thanks for that!! I would have totally missed it..I appreciate the help.

And done with that--will not be running the upgrade script until he gets home later because he does not have the customer number with him. It should be pretty smooth now.

I did not even realize there was any issue at all with the vbcms until I went to remove a plug in and say the table was missing. I took a look at the database thinking I could just add the one table when I saw there were no cms tables at all. Then I realized he had his forum as his home page so who ever was working on the site most likely did not know the cms could just be turned off.

Oh well..I am so glad there was a delay because I did not even think to remove the plug in rows. If I got jammed up during the install I would have most likely figured that but I would have missed rebuilding the cache for sure.

Much appreciated.
            Last edited by RichieBoy67; Thu 30 May '13, 11:59am.

Comment

• RichieBoy67
              • Mar 2004

Ok, I am just getting started and ofcourse having an issue. I am familiar with this issue and it usually means files not uploading correctly but I have tried this 4 times and have deleted the old ones. Is this possible because the version is already 4.2.1 and I am just rerunning the script?

Getting the following--have tried resetting transfer mode..changing permissions..not sure what sle could be wrong with the files so I am thinking it is something else. I did not want to continue though yet without checking in..Thanks guys

Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
              • Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.
              • /install/functions_installupgrade.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/index.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/init.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/mysql-schema.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/tableprefix.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/upgrade.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/vbulletin-upgrade.js - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_360.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_360b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_360b2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_360b3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_360b4.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_360rc1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_360rc2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_360rc3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_361.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_362.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_363.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_364.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_365.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_366.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_367.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_368.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370b2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370b3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370b4.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370b5.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370b6.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370rc1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370rc2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370rc3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_370rc4.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_371.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_380.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_380a2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_380b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_380b2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_380b3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_380b4.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_380rc1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_380rc2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400a1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400a2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400a3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400a4.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400a5.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400a6.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400b2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400b3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400b4.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400b5.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400rc1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400rc2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400rc3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400rc4.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_400rc5.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_401.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_402.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_403.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_404.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_405.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_406.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_407.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_408.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_410.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_410b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_411.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4110.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4110a1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4110a2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4110a3.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4110b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4111.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4111a1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4111a2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4111b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4111b2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4112.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4112a1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4112b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_4112b2.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_411a1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_411b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_412.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_412b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_413.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_413b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_414.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_414b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_415.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_415b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_416.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_416b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_417.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_417b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_418.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_418b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_419.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_419b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_420.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_420a1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_420b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_421.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_421a1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_421b1.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_ajax.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_cli.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_final.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_forumrunner.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_install.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_postrelease.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_skimlinks.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_vbblog.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/class_upgrade_vbcms.php - File does not contain expected contents
                /install/includes/language.php - File does not contain expected contents

Comment

• RichieBoy67
                • Mar 2004

I got the files uploaded..turned out not all the files were uploaded. I am very confused..looks like someone upgraded and then decided to re upload the old files...at any rate, I run the upgrade script and get this.. Query:

INSERT IGNORE INTO cms_widgettype (class, packageid) VALUES ('ActivityStream', )

Comment

• RichieBoy67
                  • Mar 2004

nevermind..I got it..just skipping the rest of the up[grade and doing the cms only first by
                  install/upgrade.php?version=vbcms&only=1 duh...Thanks

Comment

• RichieBoy67
                    • Mar 2004

All set guys. Thank you so much for the help. I freaked out a but instead of really working the issue. it was very simple really. it just seemed a bit bad because things are so off with this site.. I am honestly not sure how it is running. there are a million plug ins some of which go back to 3.8... The version showed as 4.2.1 but most of the files were 4.2.. database tables were missing.. files were missing.

The upgrade is done now and I am doing the rest which should be simple.. Mark this one as solved and thanks for being here for me.

Comment

• g00gl3r
                      • Sep 2004
                      • 3.5.x

Hi, did you simply re-upload all the files and run the upgrade script again then to fix this or what?

Comment

• Dan UK
                        • May 2012

Hi, did you manage to get this working by re-uploading all the files and running the script again? As that doesn't seem to work for me.

Comment

• RichieBoy67
                          • Mar 2004

You have to run the cms upgrade before doing the site upgrade.. Just type in the url for the cms part.. Run that and then you should be able to run the install.. I think the url is something like this just for the cms but I can't recall for sure so doublecheck..
                          /install/upgrade.php?version=vbcms&only=1

Yes, I re-uploaded the files..all of them..

Dont forget this

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Go into the plugin and product tables and delete the rows related to the vbulletin_cms product.

Then (this is important)... Go into the Manage Products screen and edit a product and save it. You don't need to change anything. Follow up by editing a single plugin and saving it. This will rebuild caches and datastores.

Once that is done, you should be able to reinstall the CMS.
                          ofcourse I don't know your entire situation..it could be file permissions or the file uploaded in the wrong format. You do need to make sure all the files are uploaded though or you will get these messages upon starting the upgrade due to missing files these files are calling upon. better to just make a back up and then reupload everything..overwriting.. minus install.php and your config and what ever else you may want to save..favicon..custom images, etc
                          Last edited by RichieBoy67; Mon 3 Jun '13, 10:01am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

When you upload, you need to make sure the contents of the install directory match versions with the one your running.

Then when you run upgrade.php, it will jump to the final installation steps. This is where the CMS will get installed. Just step through that process.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• RichieBoy67
                              • Mar 2004

Yeah, My situation could be much different from his. the site I was working on was already upgraded but it looked like they tried to go back. It was using files from 4.2 but was showing as 4.2.1 so most of the database had been updated. I was really surprised the site was running at all. But I really thought seeing as they had supposedly upgraded the files were already the correct version. They were not though which is why I had to upload them.

He may have something totally different going on. he did not really leave much detail.

What worked for me though after uploading the files was not running the entire update. I couldn't actually due to it jamming up at around 4%. i had to use the url above to reinstall the cms before I could run the entire upgrade. I am sure I would have been jammed up more had I not known to remove the additional plug in hooks, etc thanks to you Wayne. That saved me a couple hours of frustration at least.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...