X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • exhibitionpoultry
    • Jan 2011
    • 4.2.X

Someone keeps trying to log in to my members account

I have been receiving messages from my members that someone keeps trying to log in to their account. It is happening around the same time everyday.

This is the following message they are getting

Dear Test Account,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Exhibition Poultry Group with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 188.143.232.144

Can anyone recommend a good mod that will only allow IP addresses from Australia only.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Did you already try AdminCP -> Settings -> Options ->User Banning Options and blocked the IP under Banned IP Addresses?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• exhibitionpoultry
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.2.X

No, I have been looking for that option, so thanks for that. On my 4.1.10 forum ( i closed it down but just restarted it ) I had a MOD that only allowed the IP from countries I selected but I cant remember what one it was.

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

I'm afraid that you would have to check www.vbulletin.org - the modification site - for that addon. If it is available only for vB 3.x you might find someone who can transfer it to vB 4.x.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...