Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.nvgamers.com/)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hhumas
    • Aug 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.nvgamers.com/)

Can someone help me .. when ever i open my forum i get this error

even if i check the mark remember me for id/pass ..

forum is installed in main directory and here is the forum url

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Make sure you go to http://yourdomain.com and not www.yourdomain.com

Comment

• hhumas
      • Aug 2010
      • 4.0.x

i will check it then i will update you

Comment

• slinky
        • Mar 2001
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
        Make sure you go to http://yourdomain.com and not www.yourdomain.com
        Zachery - what about sites that are set up to use www? I have the same problem and use the www since I've done so for almost 18 years. But in the admin cp, I have my forum url set as www.mysite.com/forums - is this a template inconsistency because it should use that variable?
        My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Then you need to reverse the logic.

Comment

• slinky
            • Mar 2001
            • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Zachery
            Then you need to reverse the logic.
            Right - but how does one correct this error? That's my gap. I've got the forum URL correctly entered in the admin CP options but my redirection is going to http://mysite instead of www.mysite - where is that set?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              vBulletin Technical Support Lead
              • Aug 2000

You would place the URL causing the error in the "Redirect Domain Whitelist" box on Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

Originally posted by slinky
              Right - but how does one correct this error? That's my gap. I've got the forum URL correctly entered in the admin CP options but my redirection is going to http://mysite instead of www.mysite - where is that set?
              Redirects go to the URL specified as your forum URL.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
                • Mar 2001
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                You would place the URL causing the error in the "Redirect Domain Whitelist" box on Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.Redirects go to the URL specified as your forum URL.
                Thanks - but that option was blank. Hmm... I shouldn't have to do this but I'm going to try and put in the forum URL and we'll see what happens.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Your vBulletin will not operate with the FORUM URL blank. This shouldn't be confused with the Forum Component URL which has a different purpose.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
                    • Mar 2001
                    • 1.1.x

Your vBulletin will not operate with the FORUM URL blank. This shouldn't be confused with the Forum Component URL which has a different purpose.
                    The forum component url has the full url to the site including the www based URL. The problem is that when you login much of the time you get "invalid forum url" which doesn't include the www part. I have no idea why.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Is your forum installed in a sub-directory using the stub files provided? If not, the "Forum Component URL" option should be blank.

The field that I said to check is explicitly labeled "Forum URL" it is the URL that you entered when you installed the software. It is on the same exact page but above "Forum Component URL". The two fields are used for two completely different things. If you have the www. in the Forum URL field as well then you need to use .htaccess to force the user from domain.com to www.domain.com. As far as cookie handling is concerned, your browser considers those two different websites.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• slinky
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 1.1.x

Is your forum installed in a sub-directory using the stub files provided? If not, the "Forum Component URL" option should be blank.

The field that I said to check is explicitly labeled "Forum URL" it is the URL that you entered when you installed the software. It is on the same exact page but above "Forum Component URL". The two fields are used for two completely different things. If you have the www. in the Forum URL field as well then you need to use .htaccess to force the user from domain.com to www.domain.com. As far as cookie handling is concerned, your browser considers those two different websites.
                        Thanks Wayne. The forum is installed in a subdirectory. One very important issue to note. In order to get the forum and RSS feeds working properly and the forum to work, the forum.php file must be changed to index.php. I've got quite a number of threads on this issue and I'm sure you're aware of this procedure.

The Forum URL is specifically www. mysite. com/forum
                        Forum component URL is blank since I'm not using it as a component
                        The whitelist redirect is currently blank as well

This whole issue began with VB 4 since the Suite assumed that it would be installed in the root, if I remember correctly. Hence there hasn't really been a great way to make it work completely other than renaming the forum.php file. It happens most of the time logging in from the forumhome and not sure (don't recall) whether that happens on the login.php page. I've gotten a horde of complaints just recently about this from confused users and thought it might be time to take care of it. Thanks for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

In short - if you login to my forum using the navbar login, this error occurs on occasion. I cannot understand why since the entry point is always off of a www-based url. Basically vbulletin is logging the user in and then sending them to http:// mysite.com/forum instead of the www-based location. I can't figure out why.

Comment