Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klintrup
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Image Attachments from computer not possible from (new) editor button

After upgrading from vBulletin 4.1.3 to 4.1.5p1 the "From Computer" part of the dialog box is missing in quick reply and advanced editor - manage attachments button below editor seems to be working.

Has been verified by several users on the site using Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Technical info:
    PHP 5.3.6 w/mysqli
    Apache 2.2.19
    MySQL 5.5.15
    vBulletin 4.1.5p1

Screenshot of missing contents

How to repeat:
    Click "Image" button in Editor (Advanced or quick reply)
    "From Computer" dialog will be empty.

Troubleshooting steps already tried:
    Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Upload test - Successful
    Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Store CSS as Files - Tried to disable; no effect
    Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use 'vBMenu' DHTML Popup menus - Tried to disable; no effect
    Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template - Tried to disable; no effect
    Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - Tried to disable; no effect
    Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - Tried to disable; removes the "From computer" tab

Browser cache cleared
    Apache restarted

If you need any additional info, or need me to try and change a setting please let me know.
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

Try this:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - Enable

There are three options:

No
    Yes, Flash Upload by Default
    Yes, Ajax Upload by Default

Which setting do you have set now?

Comment

• Klintrup
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

Current setting is "Yes, Ajax Upload by Default"

I have, however, tried each of the two other settings with no change in behaviour.

Comment

• Andy
        • Jan 2002
        • 4.1.x

Could you provide a screen print so we can see exactly what you're seeing. The screenshot in post #1 is a dead link.

Comment

• Klintrup
          • Aug 2011
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Andy
          Could you provide a screen print so we can see exactly what you're seeing. The screenshot in post #1 is a dead link.
          Strange, it works for me and is uploaded via this forum - you can watch a screenshot here as well though
          Last edited by Klintrup; Sun 11 Sep '11, 9:58am. Reason: typo

Comment

• Andy
            • Jan 2002
            • 4.1.x

What do you have for this setting?

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Use Remote YUI

Comment

• Andy
              • Jan 2002
              • 4.1.x

Also try this:

Check for suspect file versions.

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Also try this:

Next, disable all plugins. Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates.

AdminCP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Comment

• Klintrup
                • Aug 2011
                • 4.1.x

Also try this:

Check for suspect file versions.

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

Also try this:

Next, disable all plugins. Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates.

AdminCP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> [Add New Style]

Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                The dialog box works with the newly created style, our current style however has been tweaked over several years and each change is unfortunately not documented so I would prefer to fix our existing style.

Do you have any idea where to look in our current style ? I doubt overwriting the image attachment style settings would be a problem if this is possible.

Comment

• Klintrup
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Found the problematic template override; Editor Templated -> editor_upload_overlay, I have reverted the template on our testsite and the window looks fine again - thanks for your help :-)

I will implement this on our production site right away.

Comment

• Andy
                    • Jan 2002
                    • 4.1.x

Glad you found the problem. Happy to help.

Comment

• tChristine
                      • Apr 2010

Try this:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - Enable

There are three options:

No
                      Yes, Flash Upload by Default
                      Yes, Ajax Upload by Default

Which setting do you have set now?
                      Which is the better setting? --> Ajax or Flash? I've tried both.

I just upgraded to 4.1.10 and now.............. I'm getting the dreaded "blank box" when I hit "Manage Attachments"..

And yes, I do have Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - Enabled

Thanks

Edit:

I'm trying to get *this* to appear when I hit "Manage Attachments"

FF w/ Web Dev / Firebug / DW

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...