X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackdream71
    • Dec 2004

Database Error, PLEASE HELP!

So since Wednesday my board has been down,

contacted my host and they said my database wasnt even on their server, WTH???
    well we looked, the database was there, but the host must've deleted or removed my MySQL's, i had 0/0,
    after telling them i had 0/0 MySQL's they were able to see that the database is there, but they still cant fix the problem?

they cant figure out what the problem is.

this is the last email i received from support:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did find a file called config.php in your public_html folder. It listed what appears to be database connection settings:

I did test those settings on the server and was able to connect. So, your script may be using different settings or may be giving that message for some other reason. If your developer can find any settings for us to check, we would be happy to check those or even some connection settings.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can 1 of you PLEASE go to my site and look at it and maybe tell me what you think might be the problem?
    i'm ready to pull my hair out over this, its ridiculous.

thank you very much.

WEBSITE- www.TheFitnessBoard.com
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

If you don't have a database, I'm not sure what any of us can do for you. Your webhost is going to need to restore a backup, or you will.

Comment

• blackdream71
      • Dec 2004

no the database is there, they just couldnt see it,

they can see the database now, but they still cant get the site up and running?

Comment

• borbole
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by blackdream71
        no the database is there, they just couldnt see it,

they can see the database now, but they still cant get the site up and running?

What is the exact db error/s that you are getting?

Comment

• blackdream71
          • Dec 2004

Database error The database has encountered a problem. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: •Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser. •Open the www.thefitnessboard.com home page, then try to open another page. •Click the Back button to try another link. The www.thefitnessboard.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

If you entered a valid email into the correct spot in your config.php file, then you should be getting the actual database error emailed to you. Did you enter a valid email?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• blackdream71
              • Dec 2004

yes its 100% valid, and i'm not getting the emails, any thoughts?

Comment

• blackdream71
                • Dec 2004

FIXED IT!!! the "session table" was full, ughhhhh.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Now that you have cleared the session table the second thing is to figure out why it happened- VB4 has a scheduled task that periodically clears old entries from the table. If your forum has been "turned off" for a long time then this is a common problem because scheduled tasks don't run with the forum turned off but people trying to visit still generate sessions.

Other common causes are modified footer templates in styles where the cron image has been removed, check your footer template, make sure this code is still in it, if not add it back-

<!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function -->
                  {vb:raw cronimage}
                  <!-- Do not remove cronimage or your scheduled tasks will cease to function --

The third somewhat common possibility is if you have crashed tables in your database. Go to the Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Repair / Optimize Tables and see if any are marked as crashed. If so, repair them- run repair several times on any tables marked as crashed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...