X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rcull
    • Jan 2005
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Google and Vbulletin

I just received an email which says that my site is in violation of the adsense policies! I have adsense activated by the vbulletin google feature. It would appear that all active users who have not received such a threat will be soon! I have 72 hours to fix it and no way to appeal!

Here is the page which has been identified as in violation:

I suspect it is considered in violation because there is not a space between the links, "Forum BUICK MECHANICAL Transmissions and Drivelines.. 59' 401 nailhead tranny swap? " and the google ad. I suppose I should request instructions as to how to put another break after the links

Just a little **** a person doesn't need.

Thanks,
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

I know Google had signed off on the built in ad locations so this shouldn't be a problem- do they not tell you the specific violation? Are you sure it is due to the ad location and not because of some other reason?

Comment

• rcull
      • Jan 2005
      • 4.2.x

I can't see what other one they could be referring to. Here is what they sent me...

Hello,
      This is a warning message to alert you that there is action required to bring your AdSense account into compliance with our AdSense program policies. We’ve provided additional details below, along with the actions to be taken on your part.
      Issue ID#: 21704516
      Affected website: teambuick.com
      Example page where violation occurred: http://www.teambuick.com/forums/show...ad-tranny-swap
      Action required: Please make changes to your site within 72 hours.
      Current account status: Active

Violation explanation

FORMAT MIMICKING: Publishers may not implement Google ads in a manner that disguises the ads in any way. For instance, publishers may not format neighboring content to look similar to the ads, or make ads look like games or forum posts. More information about this policy can be found in our help center ( http://support.google.com/adsense/bi...t_to_mimic_ads ).

How to resolve:
      If you received a notification in regard to page content, please either remove the content from your site or remove ads from the violating pages. If you received a notification in regards to the way ads are implemented on your site, please make the necessary changes to your implementation. We will automatically review the site again after 72 hours. You do not need to contact us if you make changes. Please be aware that if changes are not made within the required time frame, ad serving will be disabled to the affected website listed above.
      Additionally, please be aware that the URL above is just an example and that the same violations may exist on other pages of this website or other sites that you own. To reduce the likelihood of future warnings from us, we suggest that you review all your sites for compliance. For more information regarding our policy warning notifications, visit our Help Center: https://support.google.com/adsense/b...8153&ctx=topic.
      We thank you in advance for your cooperation.
      Sincerely,
      The Google AdSense Team

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Honestly I think it is a mistake- all your ads look fine on that page, none are blended into content- but if it was any at all I'd imagine the problem would be the ad in your first post.

Also I suppose the colors you have chosen for text ads, I'm not seeing any text ads, but if you chose colors for text ads that make it look like regular page content other than an ad that could be the trouble.

I would at a minimum change your text ad setup in Google to make sure they stick out- Totally change it up for now... let the 72 hours expire and hopefully that is what they meant Later on if you want to change it back- don't make it as close as it was- for example make sure they all have a visible border and make links different colors than other links of the page.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

I see a post from someone else on another forum saying they also got this email from Google- For them it was indeed the ad in the first post that is the problem.

Comment

• rcull
            • Jan 2005
            • 4.2.x

I would have thought it was the one at the top of the page! I guess that means we can't use the heavy ad placement option for guests until you folks find a divider that is approved by google.

I have changed the Google Adsense Package from high to low.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

As I said before I believe if the text ad "stood out" more it may not be an issue. If text ads were set to blend into the page content (like most people would do) then that is likely the problem.

Comment

• biggazillakilla
                • Feb 2004

Just got the same email; I have been running this setup for years.

Comment