Clear All
  • M.Rizk
    • Mar 2013
    • 5.1.x

[Answered] CloudFlare and IP Address

Hi everybody,

​

​

​I need help getting my vBulletin 4.2.1 to show the real IP Addresses instead of my host IP (CloudFlare Partner). I have tried to use a plugin on vBulletin.org called Proxy to Real IP I think it only worked for a day, or maybe never but not working at all now. Please help
    Last edited by M.Rizk; Wed 8 May '13, 3:31am.
  • snakes1100
    • Aug 2001

Edit your config.php file in the includes folder, check the "reverse proxy IP" section.
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

• M.Rizk
      • Mar 2013
      • 5.1.x

I tried everything but nothing working.

I added this to the top of config.php:
      $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] = $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"] ? $_SERVER["HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP"] : $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"];

I also edited the part you mentioned to:
      /* #### Reverse Proxy IP ####
      If your use a system where the main IP address passed to vBulletin is the address of a proxy server
      and the actual 'real' ip address is passed in another http header then you enter the details here */

/* Enter your known [trusted] proxy servers here. You can list multiple trusted IPs separated by a comma.*/
      //$config['Misc']['proxyiplist'] = '127.0.0.1, 75.98.175.8, 204.93.240.0, 204.93.177.0, 199.27.128.0, 173.245.48.0, 103.21.244.0, 103.22.200.0, 103.31.4.0, 141.101.64.0, 108.162.192.0, 190.93.240.0, 188.114.96.0, 197.234.240.0, 198.41.128.0';

/* If the real IP is passed in a http header variable other than HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR, then you can set the name here; */
      //$config['Misc']['proxyipheader'] = 'HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP';

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Remove the // in front of the $config['Misc']['proxyiplist'] and $config['Misc']['proxyipheader']. // means ignore this line.

In the long run, you will probably need to have mod_cloudflare installed in your primary hosting company's Apache.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• M.Rizk
          • Mar 2013
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          Remove the // in front of the $config['Misc']['proxyiplist'] and $config['Misc']['proxyipheader']. // means ignore this line.

In the long run, you will probably need to have mod_cloudflare installed in your primary hosting company's Apache.

Yes now it works fine! Thanks.

* I am sorry but my PHP knowledge is not that good

Comment

• Riasat
            • Aug 2006

This page is intended to be the definitive source of Cloudflare’s current IP ranges.

This list should be copy paste-able in proxyiplist but it isn't now because the code doesn't take CIDR in to consideration.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...