X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GT500
    • May 2010
    • 4.2.X

vBulletin 4.2.x Header/Footer Broken

The header and footer on my vBulletin 4.2.1 forum has been broken since yesterday. Here's a link to the forum, and I have attached a screenshot of the broken header:

Click image for larger version

Name:	vbulletin_header_issue.png
Views:	42
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	3966339

My forums were still running 4.2.0 PL2 when this started, and I think it started right after I updated my CentOS 5.9 server. NGINX was updated to version 0.8.55-3 and the changelog on the package says "make sure nginx directories are not world readable", MySQL was updated to version 5.0.95-5, and PHP was updated to version 5.3.3-13. I have not changed any of my server configurations. These packages are coming from the EPEL (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux) repository rather than from the vanilla CentOS repositories.

vBulletin is the only PHP application that has had issues after I updated my server, so I am rather confused as to why it is suddenly broken.

Edit: Just to clarify, I have not edited the default style, and I did try installing a custom one to see if it worked. At first the customer style worked OK, but after a little while it started doing it as well.

Edit-2: Wow... The BBCode on this forum is borked... It keeps breaking my links when I edit my post...
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

It appears your CSS is missing or not loading correctly.

In Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Store CSS As Files? Is this yes or no? Try changing it and see if that helps at all- if it works better in the database it could be issues writing or reading the files.

Comment

• GT500
      • May 2010
      • 4.2.X

That option is set to 'No'.

Edit: On the plus side, setting it to 'Yes' appears to have fixed the issue. If it starts happening again, and I can't figure out what is causing it, then I'll let you know.

Comment