• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salome
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Can't save changes in ad control panel

Hello,

I have vbulletin 4.2.1. And I want to start by saying everything was working perfectly fine, up until recently :0). I bought the vb facebook app. I had buyer remorse the next day and asked for a refund as I had not downloaded it yet but no luck. So, since I already spent the money... I should use it, right? I have to buy an ssl certificate to use this app. I did that. My hosting service (hostgator) installed it. I don't know if any of that is related to what is going on but since it is the only change that has taken place on my forum, server etc. and everything worked fine before it... it might be relevant.

The first issue is that when i go to my admin cp > advertising > manage ads > ad selector > edit ads I see everything as it should be. There is a list of banner images/links to my direct advertisers. BUT when I try to delete, it does not work. I select and delete the data, i click save, the page reloads. Nothing has been deleted. Also the edit ad part of the page doesn't reload. it's just not there. Attached picture. My webmaster tried to delete an ad too and had the same issue.

The second issue. I put several paypal buttons on my forum. For example, http://bellydanceforums.net/brass-ta...orums-net.html. When you click on the paypal button the page reloads and it says "Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing. If this occurred unexpectedly, please [URL="http://bellydanceforums.net/sendmessage.php"]inform the administrator[/URL="http://bellydanceforums.net/sendmessage.php"] and describe the action you performed before you received this error.". Attached picture. What used to happen is that you clicked the button, you went to a paypal page, you made a donation, the end. I know it worked because I got a few donations. When I was on the phone with hostgator tech support, he was able to get right to the paypal donate page. ???

We upgraded from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1. I flushed dns after the certificate was installed. I deleted cache, cookies. I put fresh paypal code. My webmaster asked me to have them uninstall the ssl which they did. I am still in the same position. Though one thing... When I edit thread > paste new paypal code it actually works for a short while. However, the next day I check it and it is back to the security token message.

Can anyone help me, have ideas, a direction? It would be so appreciated.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Do you have adblock plus installed on your computer or anything like that?

Comment

• Salome
      • Nov 2009
      • 3.8.x

Hi Zachery,

no, no ad block on my computer. I like to see what ad's are being served on my forum so I've not done that.

Comment

• Salome
        • Nov 2009
        • 3.8.x

Other ideas? I'll try anything...

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

What browser are you using?

I have seen that happen many times, but every time it was because some sort of "ad blocking" software was installed. Can you try from a different browser?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

The Paypal button issue is a matter of having a <form> inside a <form> which is a no-no. It should only be a problem for admins and mods to click the button though.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Salome
              • Nov 2009
              • 3.8.x

Hi all,

I ended up opening a ticket for these two problems. The inability to edit in my advertising manager is still there. About the other, I did try from different browsers. It was confusing because when I put the paypal code in and checked it the first time, it worked fine for me. But not on the second + tries. Lynne explained that it would affect me/moderators but not members.

"having a <form> inside a <form> which is a no-no"

I have a kind of 'chat about this website forum' for members to post issues and questions and within that I put a subforum that has our policies and paypal buttons. I thought I set this up as a subforum. Why is that a no-no? Should I make it its own forum?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

HTML, the language of web pages, simply does not allow you to have one form embedded inside another, and vBulletin already uses a form on the page for moderation needs.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...