X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • user-1231235234532
    • Nov 2012

To put it mildly: The photo album feature is kind of basic

Hi all,

I have been doing some tests with the Photo Album option.

And I found out it is kind of basic. So basic it can not be used. Am I missing something . . . . or . . . . . ?

Any way to fix this ?

And how do the albums look in VB5 ? Any examples of that ?
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Fix what? You would have to go into details in order to let us know what you mean.

About albums in vB5 you can have a look at this forum for example.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Enter your ideas and suggestions for improvement in JIRA. It is pretty basic. We'll acknowledge that. However "fix this" isn't really a solution.

You can create Albums on the Media Tab on your profile to see how they look.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• user-1231235234532
        • Nov 2012

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read my post and write your replies.

Let me show some things that are just ugly (atleast to me)

On the page where all images are shown below each other there is a very ugly huge space between landscape images. Photo comments are not visible. Photos are not center but on the left hand side of the screen.

When the images are portrait the space is not there, which is good. Photo comments not visible. Photos are not center but on the left hand side of the screen.

On the page where one sees just one image (and can browse by clicking prev or next) pictures are not resized / lined out properly and therefore are larger than my screen, resulting in vertical and horizontal scroll bars. In the example below more than 50% of the image runs off the right hand side of the screen !

These unwanted effects make the photo albums really look ugly and very non-usefull.

In my opinion photos should be displayed and lined out properly, resized when needed, as icing on the cake one could offer a button to display the photo "real size". I thinks those are very very simple and basic thing that any photo album should have !

Last edited by user-1231235234532; Fri 26 Apr '13, 12:04pm.

Comment

• Hartmut
          • Nov 2007
          • 4.2.x

Like Wayne already wrote, please write your suggestions into JIRA and post a link to it here:

No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• user-1231235234532
            • Nov 2012

Well, I have reported it in details in these forums. So just transfer / copy this thread to that other forum

Comment

• DemOnstar
              • Nov 2012

You do have an issue there yes but I think it would be better and more productive if you could explain just exactly what it is.

I get the idea that it is a resizing and alignment issue but I can't explain it as good as you can.

Go here. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=1 It will help you in the long run.

Nice pics by the way....

Comment