IE 10 and Carriage Return in Editor 4.2.1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

DIsabling hooks disables every plugin. Disabling products disables all 3rd party products.

There are 2 usual possibilities as to why disabling hooks is working but products isn't.

1) You have one or more plugins assigned to the vBulletin product. In Pugin manager these would be at the very top. If so they need to be disabled manually.

2) For some reason you (or a hacker) has associated a custom plugin with a built in vBulletin product- I've seen this often affecting the built in ForumRnner product. However in this case if you manually disable ALL products, including Blog, CMS. Skimlinks, and ForumRunner then the issue should still go away. It will at least narrow it down to what product is the problem.

Comment

• HowardE
      • Aug 2007
      • 3.6.x

As I stated. I manually disabled all plugins and all products. I had every single box unchecked on the plugin page at once and there was no difference.

Comment

• waldvb
        • Apr 2012

CK editor is not fixed at all. Since 2011.

www.wood-furniture.biz/forums/

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by HowardE
          As I stated. I manually disabled all plugins and all products. I had every single box unchecked on the plugin page at once and there was no difference.
          Please open a support ticket, include Admin CP log in info please.

Originally posted by waldvb
          CK editor is not fixed at all. Since 2011. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13636
          A temporary fix is part of 4.2.1.

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by waldvb
            CK editor is not fixed at all. Since 2011. http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13636
            This has nothing to do with CKE.
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

The issue appears to be because of Tapatalk.

Specifically the Tapatalk plugin; Tapatalk: Add Tapatalk detect JS

The problem is it puts its detect code at the top of the headinclude template and IE doesn't want to see JavaScript above the meta tag.

The fix is to edit the plugin- change the line:

Code:
              $headinclude = $tapatalkdetect . $headinclude;
              to

Code:
              $headinclude = $headinclude . $tapatalkdetect;
              This will put the JavaScrit below the meta tags and it seems to work in my tests.

Comment

• HowardE
                • Aug 2007
                • 3.6.x

Thank you!

Comment

• Moshe1010
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                  Strange, because I updated to vb 4.2.1 today, and downloaded IE10 as well today, and it still doesn't work for me.
                  It is likely you have customized your headinclude template- you will need to revert it (or manually merge in the changes) for it to work. Look at the top of your admincp to see if there is any templates requiring attention.
                  Originally posted by chriske
                  It is addressed and the editor works in IE10 now, basically it forces IE10 to work like IE9, but to your users they won't notice anything different.
                  So the way to fix this is upgrading vb to 4.2.1.?
                  It is one way of fixing the issue- the official/supported way. Optionally you can manually add the code to your headinclude template in an older 4.x version:
                  Code:
                  <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />
                  That's not a fix, it's pretty much a joke. I'm just wondering where vBulletin is going lately, I hope somewhere.
                  About 40% of the pupulation is using a Chrome browser, and CKEditor is just outdated for this browser and others. Many bugs were corrected since 2011 (last CKEditor update from VB). I think it would be nice to update the editor once in 2 years, don't you?

Comment

• acwatts
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.8.x

The issue appears to be because of Tapatalk. Specifically the Tapatalk plugin; Tapatalk: Add Tapatalk detect JS The problem is it puts its detect code at the top of the headinclude template and IE doesn't want to see JavaScript above the meta tag. The fix is to edit the plugin- change the line:
                    Code:
                    to
                    Code:
                    This will put the JavaScrit below the meta tags and it seems to work in my tests.
                    Mine just contains

Code:
                    include(DIR . '/mobiquo/smartbanner.php');
                    ???

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Moshe1010
                      Strange, because I updated to vb 4.2.1 today, and downloaded IE10 as well today, and it still doesn't work for me.
                      It is likely you have customized your headinclude template- you will need to revert it (or manually merge in the changes) for it to work. Look at the top of your admincp to see if there is any templates requiring attention.
                      It is addressed and the editor works in IE10 now, basically it forces IE10 to work like IE9, but to your users they won't notice anything different.
                      It is one way of fixing the issue- the official/supported way. Optionally you can manually add the code to your headinclude template in an older 4.x version:
                      Code:
                      That's not a fix, it's pretty much a joke. I'm just wondering where vBulletin is going lately, I hope somewhere. About 40% of the pupulation is using a Chrome browser, and CKEditor is just outdated for this browser and others. Many bugs were corrected since 2011 (last CKEditor update from VB). I think it would be nice to update the editor once in 2 years, don't you?
                      I use Chrome with no apparent issues in 4.x, not sure why you bring up Chrome? As for the rest, not my decisions so no point in commenting other than to say I hope all outstanding bugs get fixed as soon as possible.

Originally posted by acwatts
                      The issue appears to be because of Tapatalk. Specifically the Tapatalk plugin; Tapatalk: Add Tapatalk detect JS The problem is it puts its detect code at the top of the headinclude template and IE doesn't want to see JavaScript above the meta tag. The fix is to edit the plugin- change the line:
                      Code:
                      to
                      Code:
                      Mine just contains
                      Code:
                      include(DIR . '/mobiquo/smartbanner.php');
                      ???
                      Then you would likely need to edit the file smartbanner.php, likely has the same line as above. If not please tell me what version of Tapatalk you use.

Comment

• acwatts
                        • Aug 2005
                        • 3.8.x

Yes it looks like as of version 4.5.0 they have removed the old Tapatalk detect and now using smartbanner.php

It does still contain the old code.

Code:
                        <?php

$app_ios_id = $vbulletin->options['tp_app_ios_id'] ? $vbulletin->options['tp_app_ios_id'] : '';

$app_forum_name = $vbulletin->options['bbtitle'] ? $vbulletin->options['bbtitle'] : '';

$app_android_url = $vbulletin->options['tp_app_android_url'] ? $vbulletin->options['tp_app_android_url'] : '';

$app_kindle_url = $vbulletin->options['tp_app_kindle_url'] ? $vbulletin->options['tp_app_kindle_url'] : '';

$app_location_url = get_scheme_url();

$app_banner_message = $vbulletin->options['tp_app_banner_message'] ? $vbulletin->options['tp_app_banner_message'] : '';

$app_banner_message = preg_replace('/\r\n/','<br>',$app_banner_message);

$tapatalkdetect = '

<!-- Tapatalk Detect head start -->

<link   href="'.$vbulletin->options['bburl'].'/'.$vbulletin->options['tapatalk_directory'].'/smartbanner/appbanner.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen">

<script type="text/javascript">

var is_mobile_skin      = 0;

var app_ios_id          = "'.intval($app_ios_id).'";

var app_forum_name      = "'.addslashes($app_forum_name).'";

var app_android_url     = "'.addslashes($app_android_url).'";

var app_kindle_url      = "'.addslashes($app_kindle_url).'";

var app_location_url    = "'.addslashes($app_location_url).'";

var app_banner_message  = "'.addslashes($app_banner_message).'";

</script>

<script src="'.$vbulletin->options['bburl'].'/'.$vbulletin->options['tapatalk_directory'].'/smartbanner/appbanner.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<!-- Tapatalk Detect head end-->

';

$headinclude = $tapatalkdetect.$headinclude;

$header = '

<!-- Tapatalk Detect body start -->

<style type="text/css">

.ui-mobile [data-role="page"], .ui-mobile [data-role="dialog"], .ui-page 

{

top:auto;

}

</style>

<script type="text/javascript">tapatalkDetect()</script>

<!-- Tapatalk Detect banner body end -->

Comment

• acwatts
                          • Aug 2005
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Moshe1010
                          Code:
                          That's not a fix, it's pretty much a joke. I'm just wondering where vBulletin is going lately, I hope somewhere. About 40% of the pupulation is using a Chrome browser, and CKEditor is just outdated for this browser and others. Many bugs were corrected since 2011 (last CKEditor update from VB). I think it would be nice to update the editor once in 2 years, don't you?
                          I use Chrome as well but never had any issues. It's just IE 10 users that have problems on my forums.

Comment

• unixro
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 4.2.X

[QUOTE=Joe D.;n3963440]
                            Code:
                            is working !!!

Comment

• Somkiat
                              • May 2007
                              • 3.6.x

Our headinclude includes this line: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />
                              For me upgraded to 4.2.1 still has the problem "Carriage Return not works"

Comment

• AusPhotography
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Somkiat
                                Our headinclude includes this line: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />
                                For me upgraded to 4.2.1 still has the problem "Carriage Return not works"
                                As well as the tapatalk issue there is a Forum Runner issue...
                                See: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15687
                                environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
                                Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...