X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the1
    • Apr 2011

[Forum] Post rating feature

Hi Guys,

I know this is not strictly to do with vB (it kinda is) but I am after some help or maybe a point in the right direction.

I am looking for a post rating feature similar to that which is seen on the facepunch forums.

See this thread on their forums: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1258652

If you look at any users posts and your cursor is in their post on the bottom right hand side icons pop up which allow you as a user to give it a sort of rating.

How can i integrate something like that onto my forum? What do you guys use to do something similar to this? Is there a mod of some sort?

Cheers,
    thanks for the help guys
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

You could check www.vbulletin.org - the modification site - for this.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• the1
      • Apr 2011

Okay, thanks Hartmut.

Does anyone have any experience with this type of mod and can recommend one?

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

You should search on vbulletin.org and you might even find the same addon which the linked site it using.

Comment

• the1
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Hartmut
          You should search on vbulletin.org and you might even find the same addon which the linked site it using.
          Thanks mate I will have a look

Comment

• Hartmut
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.x

You're welcome

Comment

• the1
              • Apr 2011

I've done quite a thorough search but have not been able to come up with anything similar.

I've found some thanks and 'like' buttons but thats not really what i am looking for.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

I believe it is this mod here- http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=292796

Comment

• the1
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Joe D.
                  Looking at the screenshots it seems as that mod is more of a thread rating feature than a post rating one like the one on Facepunch.

Maybe their one is custom built?

Comment

• Hartmut
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by the1
                    Maybe their one is custom built?
                    That could be. In that case you would need to hire a programmer for this or do it yourself. Just start a thread on www.vbulletin.org with your request, maybe someone can help you there.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by the1
                      Originally posted by Joe D.
                      Looking at the screenshots it seems as that mod is more of a thread rating feature than a post rating one like the one on Facepunch. Maybe their one is custom built?
                      Sorry- wrong mod, similar name (at least to me) - this is the one I meant to link to - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=243510

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...