Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sal Collaziano
    • May 2000

[Forum] /payment_gateway.php?method=paypal is broken

Hey. There are discussions all over the place regarding the PayPal issues with vBulletin. I use various other forum software with PayPal integration and this is not happening. For whatever reason, PayPal and vBulletin aren't getting along.

Is there any logical reason why when I go to the following URL on any of my vBulletin forums:
    domainname/forums/payment_gateway.php?method=paypal

...I get the following error?

Server error

The webpage at http://domainname/forums/payment_gat...?method=paypal is currently unavailable. It may be overloaded or down for maintenance.
    Here are some suggestions:
    • Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 503 (Service Unavailable): The server is currently unable to handle the request. This code indicates this is a temporary condition, and the server will be up again after a delay.

Account upgrades are no longer automatic for my members... Is there any definitive information on how to fix this problem?
    My vBulletin Forums:
    cadillac, buick, pontiac, oldsmobile, automotive, freestyle, 80s, lexus, bmw, mercedes, audi, toyota, honda, acura, nissan, infiniti, hyundai genesis, chevy

...can't fit any more...
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

If you try to go there, without sending data, that is correct. It doesn't mean its broken for paypal.

Do you have any third party addons?

Comment

• Sal Collaziano
      • May 2000

Thank you. I do have a few plugins on my busiest site, a couple on others and none on some installations. This happens with all of them. I just got off the phone with PayPal IPN support so I'm doing some testing now...
      My vBulletin Forums:
      cadillac, buick, pontiac, oldsmobile, automotive, freestyle, 80s, lexus, bmw, mercedes, audi, toyota, honda, acura, nissan, infiniti, hyundai genesis, chevy

...can't fit any more...

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Most important thing you can do is ENSURE that php error logging is happening for ALL of your sites. Make sure you're checking the error logs for that specific file.

Comment

• spiderweb
          • Jun 2003
          • 5.5.x

I have this same problen since 4.2.2 update the PayPal payment gateway gives apache error 503. I have disabled all hooks in config and PayPal test communication fails..

Comment

• spiderweb
            • Jun 2003
            • 5.5.x

FIXED - Adding php5-curl solved my issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...