X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nightclubber
    • May 2005
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] Avatars resizing

Hi guys. I am using vbulletin 4.2.0 PL3 and up to now the users were able to use avatars of very big sizes. Now i want to implement 60x60 maximum for everybody.
    If I change the setting in Usergroup settings, to 60x60, what will happen with users that have bigger avatars right now? Will they be asked to change it?
    Any recommendation on how to handle this?

Thanks
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

I'm not positive but I believe that they stay as they are.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
      • Jul 2008

Existing avatars will not be affected- the limit will only happen when they go to try nd change avatars.

If you want to force them to use small avatars you should remove the large avatars as needed from the Admin CP -> Search for User -> (find the user) -> Change Avatar -> Delete Avatar

Comment

• Nightclubber
        • May 2005
        • 4.2.x

Hi Joe, thanks for your reply. Is there a way to delete or notify all users with avatars bigger than a determined size ?

thanks

Comment

• Hartmut
          • Nov 2007
          • 4.2.x

To notify the users with bigger avatars only is not possible by default, but you could send a general mass email asking for changing the avatar is it exceeds the new setting.
          No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...