Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cyburbia
    • Aug 2001
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] Admin control panel - user manager: Warning: Illegal string offset errors

vBulletin 4.1.7. (Upgrade isn't possible due to configuration issues.)

I'm having problems with the user manager page after an upgrade to PHP 5.4.13. In the User Profile Fields form area, I get the following errors after the Location field.

Warning: Illegal string offset 'userid' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 701

Warning: Illegal string offset 'userid' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 704

Warning: Illegal string offset 'usergroupid' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 644

Warning: Illegal string offset 'usergroupid' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 710

Warning: Illegal string offset 'userid' in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 710
    Here's what it looks like (This is a spammer I just banned.)

This error seems unique; I haven't been able to find any reference to it anywhere else here.
    Last edited by cyburbia; Wed 27 Mar '13, 6:11am.
    Cyburbia Forums - a third place for urban planners
    http://www.cyburbia.org/forums
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

vBulletin 4.2.0 has issues when running with PHP 5.4. Do you have any chance of downgrading to PHP 5.3 again?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• cyburbia
      • Aug 2001
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Hartmut
      vBulletin 4.2.0 has issues when running with PHP 5.4. Do you have any chance of downgrading to PHP 5.3 again?

Maybe. Isn't PHP 5.3 end-of-life, though?

Is there any kind of workaround?

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

You could try to disable error posting in php.ini in order to suppress the error text.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

You're going to have issues with VB 4.1.7 and PHP 5.4.x anyway, downloading PHP is your only real option if upgrading VB isn't possible. A VB upgrade would need to be the next version (4.2.1) not 4.2.0 either.

Comment

• cyburbia
            • Aug 2001
            • 3.7.x

Downgraded to 5.3. Thanks for your response.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...