X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Edit Poll - Adding new options or change to multiple choice poll

Hi,

I am using 4.2.0. Last time, I can edit the poll (using the edit pencil sign), there is menu for me to add in more options choice or to edit to multiple choice poll. Recently, it seems like all this function is gone. Kindly assist.

Have not changed anything at all.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Is the pencil not showing or do you not see any options after clicking on the pencil?

Are you sure you are using an Admin account? (Or an account with permission to edit polls?) Go to Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators ->[List/find your moderator] -> Moderator Permissions -> Can Edit Poll)

Have you tried the default style?

To get the default style go to Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager -> Add New Style and create a new style with no parent style. This will be the default style.Then go to Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings and give permission for users to change styles (if it was disabled) so you can change to the default style to test it.

Comment

• Jul 2012
      • 4.2.X

The pencil is showing and permission is set to 'can edit poll' also. This is the screenshots, there is no way for me to edit this single choice poll to multiple choice poll.

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

I believe that it's not possible to change the type of the poll but only work on the actual poll content.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Jul 2012
          • 4.2.X

Oh, any chance to do it in future?

Comment

• Hartmut
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.x

I doubt it, as it doesn't make sense to change the type of a poll while it is running. It could falsifie the result of it. But you can create a suggesstion in the tracker and post it here with a link afterwards: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-4-suggestions
            No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• svsanchez
              • Aug 2011
              • 4.1.x

Hello, how can I change the options on my poll? I am the admin and have all permissions, but can't find how to edit my poll.

Comment

• svsanchez
                • Aug 2011
                • 4.1.x

Hello Support? Is it possible to change the poll options?

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                  • Jul 2008

Sorry for the delay- in the future it is better to create a new thread for your issue.

First and foremost, are you using VB4?

If so look for the pencil icon near the poll.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vb4-poll-pencil.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	4322125

If you don't see the pencil then try looking on the default style. To restore a copy of the default style go to Style Manager in Admin CP, Add a new style with no parent style, this will be the default style.

Comment

• svsanchez
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 4.1.x

Hello Joe, I do have the little pencil, but it doesn't allow me to change the number of options (I forgot to include 2 options in my poll). It's been so long that I won't change this poll anymore, but I would like to know how to add more options to a running poll in the future.

Than you

Comment

• KurtinSA
                      • Aug 2014
                      • 4.2.x

I played around with creating a poll. I started out with 4 options...the poll showed up. I then clicked on the pencil as suggested. After the fourth option in my poll were two boxes for additional options. I put in a few more questions and saved the results. After that, my poll had 6 options. I went back using the pencil and erased the fifth and sixth entries and saved my results. The poll went back to 4 options.

So it looks like that's all you need to do.

Kurt

Comment

• svsanchez
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 4.1.x

Hello Kurtin, that's exactly what I did. My poll has 10 options, and I wanted to add 2 more, but there are no more available "boxes" for additional options.

Comment

• KurtinSA
                          • Aug 2014
                          • 4.2.x

10 options is the limit...see the attached screen shot when creating a poll.

Kurt
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by KurtinSA; Fri 29 May '15, 3:31am.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                            • Jul 2008

The max number of poll options can be changed in the Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Poll and Thread Rating Options

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...