How to enable automatic URL parsing in calendar events?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devtard
    • Nov 2012
    • 5.0.X

[Forum] How to enable automatic URL parsing in calendar events?

Is there an option for that? There should be, I saw it in the template but couldn't find it in Options.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

When you create an event, there should be a checkbox underneath that says 'Automatically parse links in text' - users can check that when they create an event.

To make that checked by default, you will need to edit the 'calendar_edit' template to set that checkbox to checked by default.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Devtard
      • Nov 2012
      • 5.0.X

I know, but since there is the following variable checked.parseurl I wanted to ask if there is a way to set it from AdminCP. If there isn't, then it should not be there in my opinion, because it is confusing.

<input type="checkbox" name="parseurl" value="1" id="cb_parseurl" tabindex="1" {vb:raw checked.parseurl} />

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

If you add checked="checked" at the end there, it will make it checked by default so that links will be parsed:

<input type="checkbox" name="parseurl" value="1" id="cb_parseurl" tabindex="1" {vb:raw checked.parseurl} checked="checked" />
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Devtard
          • Nov 2012
          • 5.0.X

Is the string {vb:raw checked.parseurl} useful for something at all in this case?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...