Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ailios
    • Mar 2009

Usergroup Changed - User Profile Doesn't Change

We have multiple forums on our vBulletin board which are controlled by usergroup membership.

On Monday this week for two users I added two usergroups to their list of additional usergroups. This should have given both of them access. One user can see both and access both in their list of forums. The other can't see either of them and thus can't access them. He's refreshed, tried different browsers, logging out and back into the forum, and still can't see it even when using a different computer.

I'm certain it's not related to his ability or inability to refresh his Internet files because what he can see doesn't change when he goes to a different computer. Further, I can't see those forums when I log in as him from where I am here on my computer.

I don't believe it's a defective usergroup because he can't see either of the two new ones I added. In his profile I've tried unchecking the usergroups, saving, and then added them back. No help. In his profile I also tried changing his Browsing Options to match what another user has who can access those forums. No change.

I created a new test user and assigned it the same usergroup this person had before Monday. Then I added the two new usergroups to its list of additional usergroups. On a page refresh the two new forums are there.

I'm stumped for what to do or try next. He's a long time member of the board. I can't just create a new profile for him.

We are using vBulletin 4.2.0 Patch 1. We haven't upgraded since moving the forum to Godaddy in December. The forum is very dependent on the style blending with the rest of the website so I'm holding back on upgrading it as long as possible. This should have no bearing on the forum itself. I believe it's an issue with this specific user profile. I've never come across this issue before with any other user.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Are the primary user groups of both users the same? If not for the user who is having the problem, go to his primary group in Usergroup Manager and set Allow Users to have Member Groups to YES (Under the Usergroup Options section)

Comment

• ailios
      • Mar 2009

Solved. Go figure the answer comes soon as I post my question. It has to do with Access Masks. I've not see that feature before now. I reset his viewing to default under Access Masks and he's okay now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...