Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reki
    • Jul 2001
    • 4.1.x

Why is this forum (vbulletin.com) using the old version?

Comment

• hqarrse
      • Mar 2010
      • 4.1.x

Paul that comment is somewhat irritating. Since you're using that fix on your own site, but didn't tell anyone, it's a bit harsh to poo-poo it. I'm assuming that leaving us to scrabble around guessing the answer wasn't intentional, but frustrating nonetheless.

Edit: just noticed that you're from vb.org not here, so I'll take that whinge back. Sorry!
      VB 4.1.9 on the Army Rumour Service
      VBSEO 3.6.0
      CentOS 5.6 / Slackware 12

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by hqarrse
        Paul that comment is somewhat irritating. Since you're using that fix on your own site, but didn't tell anyone, it's a bit harsh to poo-poo it.
        I have no control over what versions vb.com runs, more likely the style here hasnt been upgraded, its certainly not to 'fix' anything.

I'm assuming that leaving us to scrabble around guessing the answer wasn't intentional, but frustrating nonetheless.
        You are also assuming that we were aware of the exact issue in the first place.
        The reality is that we noted the fault was being caused by a j/s error in 1.6.1 yesterday, and intended to ask an affected site to upload the none compressed version to get a better idea of where in JQ the error occurs. We have not tested it on older versions of JQ, or come up with that as a 'fix' - that came from a member, not vB.

The information will be passed to the mobile style developers to look into.
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• Michael König
          • May 2001
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by reki
          Why is this forum (vbulletin.com) using the old version?
          Ah finally I understand why the Mobile Style is working here but nowhere else, thanks!

Comment

• hqarrse
            • Mar 2010
            • 4.1.x

Hi Paul, sorry for being grumpy - your post was fine and I know my fix is not a perfect fix. I still can't get the CMS part of the mobile theme working for example. This problem has been discussed on here for some time and the exact problem identified weeks ago ("Uncaught ReferenceError: getBaseUrl is not defined"). I don't think there is an 'affected site', but an affected VB version. My guess is that any virgin install of 4.1.5 simply does not have a working mobile theme.
            VBSEO 3.6.0

Comment

• hilary
              • Oct 2005
              • 4.1.x

Hi I have 4.1.3 and I found that changing Options > style and language settings > Allow Users To Change Styles
              to yes stopped mine from freezing up.

Comment

• hqarrse
                • Mar 2010
                • 4.1.x

I think the general recommendation would be "don't attempt to use the 4.1.5 mobile style" and stick on the 4.1.3 one, or 4.1.4 which also worked. Mine broke on the 4.1.5 upgrade and is not yet sorted.
                VBSEO 3.6.0

Comment

• Littlerocket
                  • Dec 2006

I think the general recommendation would be "don't attempt to use the 4.1.5 mobile style" and stick on the 4.1.3 one, or 4.1.4 which also worked. Mine broke on the 4.1.5 upgrade and is not yet sorted.
                  Thanks for that. I have had major problems with the mobile styel on 4.1.5. I will try to install 4.1.4.

Comment

• JHiemstra
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by hilary
                    Hi I have 4.1.3 and I found that changing Options > style and language settings > Allow Users To Change Styles
                    to yes stopped mine from freezing up.
                    +1. That solved several issues for me (problems appeared after upgrading to 4.1.8)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...