• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sweeps78
    • Aug 2006
    • 3.7.x

[CMS] Regular members can view "Not Published" content on The Front Page

Hi,

I just finished upgrading to vBulletin 4.+ (from 3.8.1), and everything went incredibly smooth!!! A ton of props goes out to vBulletin team for putting together such a smooth CMS. In the 6 years I've been a vBulletin customer, this has by far been the most impressive upgrade I've seen

Bear with me because I'm still getting used to the new features but I ran into an issue where normal members can view "Not Published" article content on "The Front Page". I checked the CMS permissions but I didn't see anything that was too clear in telling me how to control normal members viewing permissions. I would think by setting something to "Not Published" by default would not allow normal members to view it...
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

If they have Create permissions, then they will see unpublished articles.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sweeps78
      • Aug 2006
      • 3.7.x

Why would they be able to view other members unpublished articles? If they have Create permissions, doesn't that mean being able to create a new article under their own username and not a new article under a different username?

Am I just missing something in understanding the reasoning behind why this was designed this way?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

It's just the way it is at the moment. It's not as flexible as the usergroup permissions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sweeps78
          • Aug 2006
          • 3.7.x

Are there any plans on changing this? We'd have to restructure many usergroup permissions just so that we can use this. The whole reason why we purchased and started the upgrade to vb4 publishing suite was so that our members could start writing tutorials, showcasing projects, etc. Without the CMS, our efforts are kinda pointless

Do you have any thoughts on how I could get around this?

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

There is no workaround. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...