Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmm2020
    • Jun 2010

[Forum] Posts Truncated

Since the latest version was upgraded (4.1.4) I have a problem with all the posts. Below is a cut and paste of one of the posts:

Signatures Hidden for New Users
    Due to an increase in signature spam, I have edited the code to hide signatures of anyone who does not have 10 or more posts. Generally,...

More...

All of them now look like this. I DO NOT want this at all and not only that, if you click that "more" link, it only bounces you right back to the same page.l

What gives? What causes it? I got it only when I did the last upgrade.

EDIT: I disabled all plugins and mods, so this problem exists somewhere within the internal files of vbulletin or settings. I hate this truncation and it virtually disables my forum completely. I hope an quick answer can be had. I scoured the settings and failed to find what is causing this. It's the first post of each thread getting truncated. Apparently, not all forum threads are truncated. I would like to figure out what's going on as I do not want this feature at all. Seems to be on older posts.
    Last edited by dmm2020; Sun 14 Aug '11, 9:02pm.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

That actually looks like a discussions post preview from an article or from an RSS feed. There's certainly no functionality in the default vBulletin that would do this to a post that's been typed in.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• dmm2020
      • Jun 2010

I have already done all this. It does not change it.

I did not turn on any kind of RSS feed. What ever is going on converted a post to an RSS feed format is that is bad. Half of the older posts on my forum are now unreadable.

Comment

• dmm2020
        • Jun 2010

Disregard the above. I traced it to a mod that I had uninstalled a while back because I didn't like it. I simply recreated the forum with a new one so it had a different forumid and renamed it back after I copied all the good threads over and it should stop the problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...