Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

To do a hard refresh you have to do a CTRL-F5.

Comment

• mox-
      • Nov 2005
      • 3.8.x

creative-friends: I did it. I even restarted the browser and cleared the cache

I still have the issue..

I'll check if the problem is not related to an apache module.

I can't beleive something so important in the forum can be 'damaged' by something simple..
      --Benoit (mox)
      http://www.mox.ca/
      http://www.QuebecPhotos.ca/

Comment

• mox-
        • Nov 2005
        • 3.8.x

Also.. why isn't there a list of non-compatible plug-ins somewhere.. it would make life much easier for people in the same situation
        --Benoit (mox)

Comment

• Andy
          • Jan 2002
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by mox-

I'll check if the problem is not related to an apache module.

I can't beleive something so important in the forum can be 'damaged' by something simple..
          Do you have any modules in Apache that compresses js files, that has been know to cause problems.

You really should start a new thread to describe your exact problem and provide a link to your forum.

Comment

• mox-
            • Nov 2005
            • 3.8.x

Ok, there is nothing wrong with apache modules.

Funny thing is.. when I open Firefox in Private Browsing mode, it's working fine.. But when in normal mode, if I clear the cookies and the cache.. it's not working.. I can't believe that..
            Also, I can't ask all my members to clear their cookies/cache/whatever else, most of them have difficulties using a computer
            --Benoit (mox)

Comment

• mox-
              • Nov 2005
              • 3.8.x

At first I thought that I was still running the google pagespeed module wich caused me somme issues in the past.. but no, I removed it a long time ago.
              --Benoit (mox)

Comment

• Andy
                • Jan 2002
                • 4.1.x

Also, I can't ask all my members to clear their cookies/cache/whatever else, most of them have difficulties using a computer
                I'm afraid you're going to have to. Even when the editor is working fine, I have had many members complaining about how slow the editor loads. The solution is to clear the cache, but like you said many members have no idea what a cache is. I've had to make instructions for each browser and provide specific instructions to many members on how to clear the cache.

Comment

• R&BJunkie
                  • Nov 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Here the same problem
                  I've already tried to do all as described without success. Still, lot of user have problem, they can send 3-4 messages, then the CKeditor dissapear, or they have to log-in again. Some of them are deleting browser cookies and cache every hour to be active on the forum. This isn't normal

Comment

• R&BJunkie
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 3.6.x

Also.. why isn't there a list of non-compatible plug-ins somewhere.. it would make life much easier for people in the same situation
                    This thing is incredible! I've user who have to cancel cookies and cache of browser to write 4-5 messages, then the CKeditor dissapear. Lot of them are just pissed right now. I don't know what should i do...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

Are you using any server caching?
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• shri
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 3.6.x

Steve, We have the same problem. Could you let us know what you mean by server caching?

We use xcache. Also, our static files (css / js) are served from an external CDN.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          Former Customer Support Manager
                          • Jul 2000

Sorry, I meant the Datastore Cache in config.php. By default there is no caching:

// ****** DATASTORE CACHE CONFIGURATION *****
                          // Here you can configure different methods for caching datastore items.
                          // vB_Datastore_Filecache - to use includes/datastore/datastore_cache.php
                          // vB_Datastore_APC - to use APC
                          // vB_Datastore_XCache - to use XCache
                          // vB_Datastore_Memcached - to use a Memcache server, more configuration below
                          // $config['Datastore']['class'] = 'vB_Datastore_Filecache';
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• shri
                            • Apr 2000
                            • 3.6.x

This particular site does not use a Datastore cache.

If we inspect the element, it has been set to visibility: hidden and dimensions set to 0.

Have rolled back. Will attempt to duplicate with a default template.

Comment

• uhking
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 4.0.x

we have the same problem, ckeditor is not loading for some members, we off CDN and any kind of caching but issue is still same. users having same problem on this thread no longer posted their solutions

Comment

• Andy
                                • Jan 2002
                                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by uhking
                                we have the same problem, ckeditor is not loading for some members...
                                Ask the member to clear his cache.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...