Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bayareaairsoft
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Uh oh, I think I screwed up bigtime...

Okay, so I have been playing with different styles and I think I b0rked my forum bigtime. I've already googled the problem and came across a thread on here on re-creating the default sytle. Unfortunately that hasn't help resolve the problem. It seem that the code is broken somewhere and I need to find out what I did. Can someone please take a look at my site and tell me what I can do to possibly rectify the situation.

How I did this was I went to my admincp...

admincp > maintence > rebuild styles

Check For Styles With No Parent
    Yes No
    Renumber all templates from 1 Note: this option requires that your MySQL account has ALTER, CREATE and DROP privileges.
    If you are not sure, do not use this option!
    Yes No
    Those are the settings I used and now my forum looks like this...

I can see my CMS, broken as it may be... but the rest of the forum seems non existent.

Please help... I admit it, I'm a noob to vBulletin
  • VerifY
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

if you have a backup mysql then restore that and upload & overwrite all the VB files.

Comment

• setishock
      • Jun 2005
      • 4.2.x

Can you get back in to your ACP?

Comment

• bayareaairsoft
        • Jul 2011
        • 4.1.x

Yes, i can access my admincp. I do have a backup of my DB, and I also made a copy of everything as it stands. I've started copying over folders and overwriting the present files. I'm not going to copy over my admincp, as long as that works... i have something to work from

Comment

• setishock
          • Jun 2005
          • 4.2.x

I was going to suggest running the update styles from the maint section of the acp.

Comment

• Andy
            • Jan 2002
            • 4.1.x

Create a new style with no parent:
            • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
            • Parent Style: No Parent Style
            • Title: Default vBulletin
            • Allow User Selection: Yes
            • Save

Comment

• bayareaairsoft
              • Jul 2011
              • 4.1.x

I have tried that Setishock. Sadly that didn't fix the problem. Any other ideas? Anything would be preferable to the state that it is in presently

Comment

• bayareaairsoft
                • Jul 2011
                • 4.1.x

Andy, I did that as well. I saw the post on that. While this added the ability to see the CMS, it didn't allow me to view the forum.php

when i navigated to that file manually in the browser, it was as if the file didnt exist.

Comment

• setishock
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 4.2.x

Well now we know what happens when you say yes to renumber templates. There's several others in the maint section that have strong warnings about using them.
                  As for any more suggestions sorry I have no idea. Just don't let your curiosity get the better of you next time.

Comment

• Andy
                    • Jan 2002
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by bayareaairsoft
                    Andy, I did that as well. I saw the post on that. While this added the ability to see the CMS, it didn't allow me to view the forum.php

when i navigated to that file manually in the browser, it was as if the file didnt exist.
                    Are your templates stored as files or in the database?

Comment

• Hawk2
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 4.1.x

what version are you running

Comment

• bayareaairsoft
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 4.1.x

The version is 4.1.5

As far as the templates... I couldn't tell you. It was a fresh install a few days ago. I'm unaware of how vBulletin stores templates. I have uploaded one theme file, so I'm not sure how it is stored.

Comment

• Hawk2
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 4.1.x

upload the tools file from the do not upload folder and run the vbulletin-style.xml to rebuild your default style
                          http://www.yoursiteurl/forum/admincp/tools.php so it will be something like this

Comment

• bayareaairsoft
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 4.1.x

Gentlemen,

I appreciate everyones help. I have since resolved the issue by re-running the install script. This seems to have fixed everything and the forum is functioning properly again. Your advise will be remembered and used in the future again I'm sure.

Again, thank you for your prompt answers of my issue and placing it on the same priority level as I have. Its great to see forum members pulling together to help each other. As I learn more about this software, I will be sure to assist others in their endeavours as well.

Comment

• Hawk2
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by bayareaairsoft
                              Gentlemen,

I appreciate everyones help. I have since resolved the issue by re-running the install script. This seems to have fixed everything and the forum is functioning properly again. Your advise will be remembered and used in the future again I'm sure.

Again, thank you for your prompt answers of my issue and placing it on the same priority level as I have. Its great to see forum members pulling together to help each other. As I learn more about this software, I will be sure to assist others in their endeavours as well.
                              Rerouting recursion with: error/500 on line 225 in /home/chrishix/public_html/forum/vb/router.php
                              #0 /home/chrishix/public_html/forum/vb/router.php(272): vB_Router::getResponse('error/500')
                              #1 /home/chrishix/public_html/forum/vb/router.php(272): vB_Router::getResponse('error/500')
                              #2 /home/chrishix/public_html/forum/vb/bootstrap.php(64): vB_Router::getResponse()
                              #3 /home/chrishix/public_html/forum/content.php(30): require_once('/home/chrishix/...')
                              #4 /home/chrishix/public_html/forum/index.php(56): require('/home/chrishix/...')
                              #5 {main}

Fatal error: Rerouting recursion with: error/500 on line 225 in [path]/vb/router.php in [path]/vb/vb.php on line 287
                              you sure you have fixed it

Comment