Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nosfer@tu
    • Mar 2008
    • 3.7.x

[Forum] How to autoupdate Similar threads?

My similar threads are always older threads, if I enter a forum thread and have a look, there is NEVER
    a link to a newer thread.

How do I make a chron job to keep this up to date ?

I just tested with a forum thread, it had no similar threads, but after the reindexing was done manualy, it got them.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

The list of similar threads are created when you create the thread. There is no automatic method to redo this. You would need to write a scheduled task to do this for you based off of the query that is run when you do it manually. If you need help writing this, you should post your existing code over on vbulletin.org, the modification site, and tell us what is going wrong and we can help you correct it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Nosfer@tu
      • Mar 2008
      • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      The list of similar threads are created when you create the thread. There is no automatic method to redo this. You would need to write a scheduled task to do this for you based off of the query that is run when you do it manually. If you need help writing this, you should post your existing code over on vbulletin.org, the modification site, and tell us what is going wrong and we can help you correct it.
      ''

Thx Lynne.

Its just that it seams to not work that well.

I will give it a few days before I test again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...