Some album problems after migration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Some album problems after migration

We did our forum migration from 3.8.6 to 4.1 last month. Turns out some (not all) of user's album photos are a problem. Some are missing and some are mixed up.

I need to figure out the best way to try to solve this. The problem is in old threads posted on other sites, some people's prior links to album photos are pointing to someone else's images. Yikes!

I have a full site back up from before the migration.

What should I do?

Thanks!

That really shouldn't have happened with a normal upgrade. Do you have any add-on installed?

Unfortunately there is no way to fix this now, unless you wanted to go back to the backup from last month and try the upgrade again, this time will add-ons disabled. Of course, this means you would lose all new data since that backup was made.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I was wondering about a more direct way to upgrade/move the old images to the new images via ftp or sql or something. Redo-ing any upgrade or migration is not an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Teresa View Post
        I was wondering about a more direct way to upgrade/move the old images to the new images via ftp or sql or something. Redo-ing any upgrade or migration is not an option.
        Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Please explain.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X