Post Counts Gone Wild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Post Counts Gone Wild

So I just installed the newest vBulletin, made a few posts, and my post count shows over 4 million!? How/Why does that happen?
    CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

The only time I've ever seen that it was from an add-on. What's the URL?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

The site is located at:

http://www.arcticsxs.com

I just rebuild the post counts and that fixed it, just odd...never have had it happen before.
      CommanderTalk.com --> www.commandertalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        When I did my initial upgrade from 3.8.x to 4.0.2, I had the same issue and had to rebuild the post counts to correct it. I remember reading about several other people having the same problem way back then as well, which is why I knew that I needed to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Do you know what addon causes this? I have post counts in the millions for some of my members. I am not sure what exactly is causing it. Thanks

Comment

Nothing to do with a mod. Happened to my site within a few days of my virgin install. Just rebuilt counters and it's been fine for nearly two years. Seems it's always the same number, 4 million something.

Comment

Originally posted by dai-kun View Post
              Do you know what addon causes this? I have post counts in the millions for some of my members. I am not sure what exactly is causing it. Thanks
              No sorry, I don't. But it has been more than one add-on.

Originally posted by nakedanvil View Post
              Nothing to do with a mod. Happened to my site within a few days of my virgin install. Just rebuilt counters and it's been fine for nearly two years. Seems it's always the same number, 4 million something.
              I can only go by my experiences and I have never seen this is a fresh install with no add-ons in the 10 years I've been providing support. Maybe in another 10 years I'll run into one.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X