vB3 Upgrading to vB4 with Paid Subscriptions... Any Problems During Upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • john2k
    • Jul 2000

vB3 Upgrading to vB4 with Paid Subscriptions... Any Problems During Upgrade?

Has anyone upgraded from vB3 to vB4 with Paid Subscriptions member accounts?

Run into any problems?

I just want to make sure there are no issues with subscriber payments and anything else related to the Paid Subscriptions system. Don't want to lose anything or mess anything up with my subscribers if / when I decide to upgrade to version 4.*

Thanks in advance for any input & advice.
    ...john2k...
  • digitalpoint
    • Mar 2004
    • 4.1.x

There are no paid subscriptions in vBulletin 5, so I suspect it will be a problem.
    Sphinx Search for vBulletin 4: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com...tin-4.870/item
    Someone send me a message on Twitter when this site is usable again. https://twitter.com/digitalpoint

Comment

• Hartmut
      • Nov 2007
      • 4.2.x

You should not run into problems with the paid subscriptions when upgrading from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4.
      No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Always backup your database before upgrading but subscriptions will not be lost during a normal upgrade.

Comment

• john2k
          • Jul 2000

Originally posted by digitalpoint
          There are no paid subscriptions in vBulletin 5, so I suspect it will be a problem.
          Wow, that almost does not make sense. I probably shouldn't ask why.

Well, this one site is still on vB3* ... maybe I'll upgrade to vB4* ... hopefully vB5 has a membership system by the time I consider moving to that. I imagine that might be a while from now, though.

Thanks for all the replies.
          ...john2k...

Comment