X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teach1st
    • May 2000

[Forum] Member numbers wrong in Who's Online display

4.1.5 pl1

As you can see in the attached picture, the number of members online is incorrect in the Who's Online display (online.php). I think the guest count is correct. The numbers are correct in the What's Going On box on forumhome. The miscount is the same for me in default style (and a newly created default style) with hooks turned off. It occurs with different user names, browsers, and computers.

I'm not sure where the error is coming from.
    Another Fred
  • Oracle simsim
    • Jul 2009

4.1.5 pl1

the same problem here
    منتديات درر العراق

Comment

• Steve Machol
      Former Customer Support Manager
      • Jul 2000

I cannot duplicate this problem here, or on any unmodified vB 4.1.5 forum.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• teach1st
        • May 2000

Originally posted by teach1st
        The miscount is the same for me in default style (and a newly created default style) with hooks turned off.
        Doesn't disabling the Plugin/Hook System in AdminCP disable all plugins? I did try the default style and a newly created default with plugins disabled and the error was still there. The problem in duplicating this is it doesn't occur all the time. I've been watching since I posted the OP and have only seen the error occurring three more times. The count is usually right. I haven't been able to notice anything different happening in the forums prior to the errors occurring (I haven't noticed an action that causes the error).
        Another Fred

Comment

• Hawk2
          • Apr 2008
          • 4.1.x

disable one plugin at a time to see what one is doing it

Comment

• teach1st
            • May 2000

If it occurs with the Plugin/Hook System disabled, would that be necessary? It occurs with all plugins disabled.

The next time it happens, I will remove all-non vb XML files in includes/xml and see if that's the culprit.
            Another Fred

Comment

• Hawk2
              • Apr 2008
              • 4.1.x

I told you to disable one at a time if it is not that plugin then you turn it back on you do it for each one to find out what one is making this problem did not say to turn them all off (it might not be a plugin) best to follow post 3 would be the best way for you to go
              Last edited by Hawk2; Sun 7 Aug '11, 10:02am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Originally posted by teach1st
                Doesn't disabling the Plugin/Hook System in AdminCP disable all plugins?
                In theory, yes. In practice, no. Some plugins persis unless you manually uncheck them as per my instructions.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• teach1st
                  • May 2000

OK, I'll do that the next time this happens. Thanks for your help, Hawk2 and Steve.
                  Another Fred

Comment

• Fready
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 4.0.x

Any update on how you fixed this problem, as I am having the same problem.

Comment

• apn3a
                      • Nov 2004
                      • 3.8.x

Same problem
                      I open a ticket also. I did all the steps on 3rd post but the problem still exist

Comment

• Paul M
                        Former Lead Developer
                        vB.Com & vB.Org
                        • Sep 2004

Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...