X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Futhark
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Spam Already

My vbulletin forums are only a few days old and already I'm getting 6+ Spammers registering.

I have human verification turned on with captcha setup and I have blocked loads of know spam email addresses but still I'm getting spammed.

What other procedures can I do to cut down on this?

I watched a tutorial on YouTube which allowed the forum admin to delete posts as spam then ban user at the same time but when I follow everything he does in the video there is no ban user option anymore?
  • josiah
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.1.x

You will be banning them forever and a day, set up the Q&A properly and it will stop, you can also moderate new members which will stop the posting if it is members only to post.
    <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

• Dirt Bike Addict
      • May 2010
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Futhark
      I watched a tutorial on YouTube which allowed the forum admin to delete posts as spam then ban user at the same time but when I follow everything he does in the video there is no ban user option anymore?
      It's on my forum under the Punitive Action section when you click delete thread/post as spam.

Last I heard rcaptcha doesn't work anymore, it's been cracked/hacked. Setup the Q&A verification instead and for best results make sure the questions are related to your forum niche.

Comment

• Hawk2
        • Apr 2008
        • 4.1.x

some settings you will need to turn off if you do install this program will tell you the best settings for it in a pm

Comment

• Davoosh
          • May 2011
          • 4.1.x

make a question on registeration.

Comment

Try to check their IPs on here http://www.ip2location.com/ maybe they came from same country.

Comment

• Lee G
              • Jun 2006
              • 3.8.x

If your forum is aimed at a certain region of the world, there is or was a mod that checks registration ips.
              It automatically moderates new members from the countries you choose
              Certain countries dont teach good geography. It funny how many claim to live in the USA on registration or London
              Both from my present understanding are suburbs of Asian countries
              I then run a notice aimed at moderated members, explaining there could have been a member database error and to contact me
              The genuine ones do

Comment

• Andy
                • Jan 2002
                • 4.1.x

This is what I suggest.

Comment