Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobFerrari
    • Feb 2003

[Forum] 4.1.5 Insert Image & Video crashes browser

I'm a vB 3.8 person on my main 90,000 user board. I haven't upgraded there to avoid any problems. I decided to give vB 4 a try on a new community and it still seems really buggy.

This was a fresh install. My browser is IE 9.0.1.

Not every time, but about 25% of the time as soon as you hit Insert Image or Video button it locks (spins) and you get the not-responding browser message. When it reloads you have lost everything since last auto-save in vB.

I'm sure this is the only bug, but this would kill my main business if I upgraded board to 4.1.5, I'll keep sticking to 3.8!
  • RobFerrari
    • Feb 2003

no one else with problems browser locks up using insert image or video?

Comment

• reefland
      • Sep 2000

Does this occur in a particular place? How are you inserting the image, via the attachment manager or standard button?
      sigpic
      Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• RobFerrari
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by reefland
        Does this occur in a particular place? How are you inserting the image, via the attachment manager or standard button?
        I seem to get first image in there OK. Type some more text and then go to next one or at least 3rd one is when it crashes. Using the insert image button where you have choice to put link or upload from computer and then it creates thumbnail. freezes and crashes never recovering right when you hit the image button.

Comment

• RobFerrari
          • Feb 2003

I just entered same info in the vB test forum and couldn't reproduce the error.

Comment

• RobFerrari
            • Feb 2003

certainly a problem, this time just happened on trying to insert first image, as soon as I hit button it locked up, I could move cursor away and take screen shot, you can see the image popup still stuck there and void message in status bar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	3683036

Comment

• RobFerrari
              • Feb 2003

provding a little more info. same error whether WYSIWYG, Standard, or disable. I also confirmed it must be any button action as the 'Manage Attachments' button got the same result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	3683037

Comment

• RobFerrari
                • Feb 2003

By turning Trend Micro Security off I don't get the lockups anymore, but I still consider this a bug for vBulletin because 3.8.1 functions 100% with Trend Micro Security on.

Comment

• RobFerrari
                  • Feb 2003

also, vBulletin.com functioned fine with Trend Micro Security on.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...