X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Futhark
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] phpBB Migration Problem

Hi all, i've imported my phpBB 3 Forums into my recently purchased vBulletin 4 and everything seems to have imported but my members are having issues logging in, it is reporting login failed, the only way i think they will get to sign in is to click the forgot password link that resets it but this is going to be an inconvenience? is there a fix for this?

Many Thanks

UPDATE: My forum users received their reset password and once they log in they now get a message saying they are BANNED !! No reason give and ban lifted NEVER?

I've went into my VIEW BANNED USERS but it's empty?

What's happening here please?
    Last edited by Futhark; Sat 30 Jul '11, 9:13am.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Please note that since phpBB3 passwords are encrypted, they cannot be imported. Your users will need to reset their passwords after the import. You can read more about this here:

Check your Usergroup permissions and make sure that "This Usergroup is not a 'Banned' Group" is set to 'Yes' for the groups that you do NOT want banned.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...