X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelJacksonFan227
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Title Banner and Web Page directory

First of all I'd like to mention I am a newbie and have no idea what I'm doing.

Where do I go to change the title banner from VBulletin to one that I designed? And have it have a link to my site when you click on it?

Also, my website is www.themjsanctuary.com but when you go to the site it says it's coming soon. The forum only shows up on www.themjsanctuary.com/forums/forum.php How can I get the two to be one in the same?

Thank you for your time and patience.
  • josiah
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.1.x

Admin cp > stylevars > titleimage.....you can put your logo in there instead of the vB logo, as for a link to your site, why ?, to view the logo someone must BE on your site.
    The "coming soon" page is something displayed whilst your site gets up and running, once functional it should stop.
    <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

• MichaelJacksonFan227
      • Jul 2011
      • 4.1.x

Thank you very much that helped a lot. The forum seems to be functional here http://www.themjsanctuary.com/forums/forum.php , but not here www.themjsanctuary.com How can I get it up and running as you say?

Another question, my forum as this one here only has an "add to this users reputation" button and not a "thanks" or "groan" button. How can I get those added onto the site?

By the way I am using the VBulletin 4.1.5. And I can't see where stylevars- title image is. Sorry. Please help!
      Last edited by MichaelJacksonFan227; Sat 30 Jul '11, 11:30am.

Comment

• josiah
        • Nov 2008
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by MichaelJacksonFan227

Another question, my forum as this one here only has an "add to this users reputation" button and not a "thanks" or "groan" button. How can I get those added onto the site?

By the way I am using the VBulletin 4.1.5. And I can't see where stylevars- title image is. Sorry. Please help!

They must be obtained from a third party source. As far as "titleimage" is concerned, I do not have 4.1.5 so I cannot be definitive but try this........admin cp > options > styles and templates > style manager > stylevars > image paths > titleimage.

Delete the vB logo and paste your logo code into the box.
        <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

• MichaelJacksonFan227
          • Jul 2011
          • 4.1.x

Thank you.

Comment

• Aaron Burr
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.1.x

> image paths > titleimage. aren't options for me. Also, in order to change the banner, I have to convert my jpeg image into XML. Suggestions?

Comment

• nakedanvil
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Aaron Burr
              > image paths > titleimage. aren't options for me. Also, in order to change the banner, I have to convert my jpeg image into XML. Suggestions?
              No you don't! Why do you think that? You can't "convert" a jpeg to XML. "image paths > titleimage" should be in your stylevars.

Comment

• Aaron Burr
                • Aug 2011
                • 4.1.x

I think that because you go from stylevars to a drop down box with options to edit the template., font, colors and style. But if I pick the download option it gives me the option of overwriting the image and inserting an XML file to replace it.

Comment

• nakedanvil
                  • Mar 2010

If you follow the steps Josiah gave above, you'll get a box to enter the path to your title image.

You are assuming things that can quickly mess up you whole board. If you go to "download" that page has absolutely NOTHING to do with title image.
                  Last edited by nakedanvil; Wed 17 Aug '11, 7:03am.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

First make sure you have upload your own logo via FTP. Upload it to the /images/misc folder in the forum folder, then log into your admin control panel and go to:

Styles & Templates > Style Manager > StyleVars (from the drop menu).

Next, scroll down a little and find the ImagePaths group. In the titleimage setting, replace vbulletin4_logo.png with the name of your logo image.
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...