X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoG Viper RV
    • Apr 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Reputation turns to text instead of icon when posting

After I updated to 4.1.4 and installed the recent patch, some of my users have been experiencing some icons not showing up through out the forum. This has not happened to me as I see all the images they claim they don't see. There's multiple people experiencing that though.

Another issue I'm having and one that I'm experiencing is that when your viewing a post, the reputation is showing up as the default icons for vbulletin. After I post a quick reply though, it turns to the text description of that reputation just for myself. The other icons for other user show up just fine. However, when I refresh the page it works fine. It's just when I post from quick reply it does this.

Is that a problem with the new vbulletin version? or something to do with my new theme? I also just installed 2 new themes recently, but didn't notice it until after the patch.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Make sure all the images have been uploaded. If they are seeing text, then it is most likely the alt text for the image which means the image isn't where it should be. You may have the images cached which is why you see them.

I don't understand your reputation image issue. Can you post some images to show us the problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• RoG Viper RV
      • Apr 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      Make sure all the images have been uploaded. If they are seeing text, then it is most likely the alt text for the image which means the image isn't where it should be. You may have the images cached which is why you see them.

I don't understand your reputation image issue. Can you post some images to show us the problem.
      It's pretty much the same problem I'm having with the other images that my users are talking about. After cutting down this image I realized the online icon is also not working after I post a new reply to a thread using quick reply. However, everything shows up just fine after I refresh the page.

All images are in the same locations they were before the update/patch.

Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	1
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	3682909

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Can we get a link to see a showthread page that is having this image/text issue? (Again, you could have had the images cached until you changed something on the site.)

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• RoG Viper RV
          • Apr 2011
          • 4.1.x

Can we get a link to see a showthread page that is having this image/text issue? (Again, you could have had the images cached until you changed something on the site.)
          You would have to sign up and make a quick reply in one of the threads to see what I'm experiencing. I only experience it when I post a quick reply. However some of my users are experiencing it in other places on the site. www.revolutionofgaming.net

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by RoG Viper RV
            You would have to sign up and make a quick reply in one of the threads to see what I'm experiencing. I only experience it when I post a quick reply. However some of my users are experiencing it in other places on the site. www.revolutionofgaming.net
            Can you just post a test username/password that we can use so we don't need to sign up.

Comment

• RoG Viper RV
              • Apr 2011
              • 4.1.x

Can you just post a test username/password that we can use so we don't need to sign up.
              username: vbtest
              password: 12345

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

Your test user cannot delete its own posts.

On the normal showthread page, the path to the reputation images is relative

Code:
                src="images/styles/Luburox_Red/reputation/reputation_balance.png"
                However, on the Quick Reply they have a leading slash, making them relative to the site root (and therefore failing to load).

Code:
                src="[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]/[/COLOR][/B]images/styles/Luburox_Red/reputation/reputation_balance.png"
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• jschvili
                  • Mar 2008
                  • 3.6.x

Hi,
                  I have a similar question related to reputation. Users in this thread, Lynne and Paul M, have reputation which gives them seven green dots. I manage to set this up, except the part when the dots changes color(images). How is this done!? I can only assign ONE image to each reputation and make this only image repeat itself.

How can I for example create a reputation where the user gets 5x reputation_pos.png and 2x reputation_highpos.png like Paul M have?

Comment

• jschvili
                    • Mar 2008
                    • 3.6.x

I just realized that I've mixed up the ranking and reputation systems.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...