• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mornagest
    • Mar 2010
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Trying to read last post, but I get the page before the last one

Hello,

We recently upgraded our forum to 4.1.4, and we are meeting a quite annoying bug with some of our threads. As a thread has enough posts to get a second/third/fourth/etc page, and as someone tries to read the last post of the topic, he is redirected to the last page before the one that contents the last post.

So, sometimes, we cannot read some lasts posts, except if there are enough posts on last page. Then, we can normally access the last page/post.

I tried to regenarate informations about the discussions, in the maintenance menu of the admin panel, but it didn't change anything...

So, is there a way to fix this problem ?

Thank you, and please excuse my poor English
  • lifanovsky
    • Oct 2004

As far as I am concerned, when you press the "last post" link, it sends you not to the actual last post, but to the post that you haven't read since you last visited the forum.

So if I understood you right what you are talking about is not a bug but a feature. 8)
    Boris Lifanovsky; administrator of the biggest Russian classical music forum

Lifanovsky.com | ForumKlassika.Ru

Comment

• Mornagest
      • Mar 2010
      • 4.2.X

Hi, and thank you for your answer

It seems my English is poorer I thought !

To say it in another way, it IS impossible for us to get to the last page ; for example, a thread has 5 pages. If we want to get to the fifth page, the forum redirects us to the fourth one... by clicking on "Last post" button, or "5" in pagination button.

The bug disappears when there are enough posts on the last page (at least 6 or 7, as far as I know).

Maybe it is clearer ?

Comment

• TTF
        • Aug 2010
        • 4.0.x

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Driven me and my members nuts for the last 2.5 weeks. Really hoping someone has an answer.

I don't know if the OP is the same as me but it tends to happen the most in Firefox (never in Safari but does sometimes happen in IE and Chrome according to other members) so wondering if it might be linked to this caching issue found here - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...s-with-Firefox

It's tricky to test as only pops up every couple of hours and I'm not able to disable mods for this long, just not viable.

Comment

• Teresa
          • Feb 2001

I'm having the EXACT same problem!

Comment

• TTF
            • Aug 2010
            • 4.0.x

Still got this issue. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

A link would be helpful...
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TTF
                • Aug 2010
                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                A link would be helpful...
                It happens to different pages and once the user clears their cache it goes away. Not everyone gets the error. I can give you a link if you like but I've just cleared my cache to sort the issue so don't know much use it will be.

Clutching at straws a bit here but my headinclude template merge failed during the update to 4.1.4 so I don't suppose this could be a contributing factor?

Comment

• Mornagest
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 4.2.X

Well... I just tried to make a test, and following Murphy's Law... there ain't no problem at all on the thread I made.

Maybe you would have one, by clicking here, you shouldn't get to the second page of the thread ?

Thank you

Comment

• TTF
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Mornagest
                    Well... I just tried to make a test, and following Murphy's Law... there ain't no problem at all on the thread I made.

Maybe you would have one, by clicking here, you shouldn't get to the second page of the thread ?

Thank you
                    Works ok but if it's anything like mine some threads work fine while others do not. And to confuse things, some people it's fine and others have issues.

Comment

• Teresa
                      • Feb 2001

Here's my forum, but it's also hit and miss. Doesn't happen all the time: www.guineapigcages.com/forum

Comment

• Steve Machol
                        Former Customer Support Manager
                        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Teresa
                        Here's my forum, but it's also hit and miss. Doesn't happen all the time: www.guineapigcages.com/forum
                        You need to remove all add-on then test this. Then if you have this problem with the default vB code, please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Mornagest
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by TTF
                          Works ok but if it's anything like mine some threads work fine while others do not. And to confuse things, some people it's fine and others have issues.
                          Yes, I discovered that on my forum. Seems to happen more often with Firefox, but most membres use Firefox, in fact...

Comment

• Infopro
                            • Jun 2003
                            • 3.8.x

I think you might want to look into this over on the vBseo forums.

Comment

• Paul M
                              Former Lead Developer
                              vB.Com & vB.Org
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by TTF
                              Still got this issue. Any ideas would be very much appreciated.
                              Do you have any users in your global ignore list (Coventry) ?
                              Baby, I was born this way

Comment