X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTF
    • Aug 2010
    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Paul M
    Do you have any users in your global ignore list (Coventry) ?
    Thanks for the reply - No I don't I'm afraid.

I'm assuming as this occurred between 4.1.1 and 4.1.4 upgrade (and no extra mods have been installed) that it must be something to do with the vb code changing. I appreciate that a mod could still conflinct but ultimately it must be down to a change in one way the vBulletin code works. The fact that it happens so much in Firefox compared to other browsers and doesn't happen at all in Safari, and it only seems to happen to threads that have been viewed before, seems to indicate it's to do with the caching.

Comment

• Mornagest
      • Mar 2010
      • 4.2.X

OK, so, after somes tries... emptying the cache in Firefox seems to resolve the bug. As far as I know, this bug does not appear with others navigators (IE, Safari...), so maybe it will be difficult to fix it.

Anyway, this could be a good but temporary solution...

Comment

• TTF
        • Aug 2010
        • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Mornagest
        OK, so, after somes tries... emptying the cache in Firefox seems to resolve the bug. As far as I know, this bug does not appear with others navigators (IE, Safari...), so maybe it will be difficult to fix it.

Anyway, this could be a good but temporary solution...
        Yep this is a workaround I'm telling my members atm but lots don't know how to do this so would be good to find a proper solution.

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

I use firefox all the while, and have never seen this.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• TTF
            • Aug 2010
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Paul M
            I use firefox all the while, and have never seen this.
            I've started using Chrome and the issue isn't occurring with this. So Chrome and Safari definitely seem to be ok. IE I haven't used myself so don't know just yet but others have mentioned they had the issue with this as well as Firefox but Firefox 5 does seem to be the worst offender.

Comment

• Markos1977
              • Aug 2006
              • 3.6.x

ive noticed that if its you that makes it have a 2nd page u cant read it but if some one else makes it go to the 2nd page u can read it it has to be something to do with firefox 5 as i went back to firefox4 and it worked fine

Comment

• TTF
                • Aug 2010
                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Markos1977
                ive noticed that if its you that makes it have a 2nd page u cant read it but if some one else makes it go to the 2nd page u can read it it has to be something to do with firefox 5 as i went back to firefox4 and it worked fine
                Ah right that's definitely different to me then as this has been happening to me on threads I haven't posted on. I assumed that it was Firefox 5 too until people started complaining using IE. Very odd :S

Comment

• Markos1977
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 3.6.x

I've only noticed it on the posts ive posted on maybe it dos it on ones i haven't posted but never really noticed it
                  I've never tried IE i don't like it so i changed to chrome lol

Comment

• sevenmix
                    • Apr 2009

I have the same problem in my forum, it happens with firefox5/6 really often.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Aug 2002
                      • 5.7.X

Please start your own thread with full details including links to see the problem
                      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment