X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inkuyo
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] white admin page and error after patch update

I was pack a few on my updates so I started updating one at a time. When I got to 4.1.4 it went thru and now I have a white admin page. And if I got to the forum site I have an error.

Fatal Error: Class 'vBulletinHook' not found in/home/content/**********/html/includes/class_friendly_url.php

any ideas?
  • Hawk2
    • Apr 2008
    • 4.1.x

upload files again and run upgrade you have some files missing that one might be the only one but to be sure best to upload all again and run upgrade

Comment

• inkuyo
      • Sep 2009
      • 3.8.x

ok.  so I rolled back to 4.01 PL1 and all works.  If I try to go to 4.0.2 PL5 the site breaks on the front end withe error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Input_Cleaner::utf8_clean() in <strong>/home/content/***/html/includes/class_friendly_url.php on line 311

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

I cannot find that function in the default vb files. Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• inkuyo
          • Sep 2009
          • 3.8.x

I did disable this in the ACP. I did put this in the config file too. That did not help. Still getting the error the moment I FTP the 4.0.2 pl5 patch. It shows in the ACP that I have updated but the frontend breaks.

I am assuming that when I patch, I don't need to run the /install/upgrade.php unless there is an install folder being uploaded.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

You should reupload the files again, one or more did not get uploaded correctly.

Comment

• inkuyo
              • Sep 2009
              • 3.8.x

I tried downloading the patch again from members area then unzipping and FTPing up. Once I run the /install/finalupgrade.php I get the error on both the front end and the admin end.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_Input_Cleaner::utf8_clean() in /home/content/i/n/k/inkuyowgt/html/includes/class_friendly_url.php on line 311

for now I am rolled back to 4.0.1 pl1.

Comment

• inkuyo
                • Sep 2009
                • 3.8.x

so the website is www.washingtonguntrader.com if you want to look.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

Try redownloading the whole 4.0.2 package. You cannot go from 4.0.1 and then just apply a patch to get to 4.0.2 PL5. Patches only update you if you are running the same version. In order to go from 4.0.1PL1 to 4.0.2PL5, you need to download the full 4.0.2 package and upload it and run the upgrade.php script.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• inkuyo
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3.8.x

ok, that makes sense. I did could not find specific directions that stated the difference between an upgrade and a patch. Do you have a link?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...