Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AdminCP blank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] AdminCP blank

    Hi,

    I've just made a fresh install of VB4. For some reason the admincp is just a blank page. I have tried uploading the fils again and made sure they are in Asci, but no difference. I have three other VB4 forums installed on my server, and non of them have this probelm.
    - SirTalksalot
    www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
    Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

  • #2
    Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server.

    Does this resolve the problem?
    Vote for:

    - *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server.

      Does this resolve the problem?
      Just tried this, no difference.
      - SirTalksalot
      www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
      Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

      Comment


      • #4
        hi
        If You Are Using Internet Explorer 9, Try To Add You'r Web Site URL Inside The Compatibility Mod
        Go To Tools ==>> Compatibility View Settings, And Add You'r Web Site URL
        (I Have The Same Problem On Internet Explorer 9)
        I Hope It Will Fix You'r Problem
        (Sorry On My Bad English)
        Last edited by knikio; Tue 12th Jul '11, 11:28am.
        Unofficial Hebrew Translation

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by knikio View Post
          hi
          If You Are Using Internet Explorer 9, Try To Add You'r Web Site URL Inside The Compatibility Mod
          Go To Tools ==>> Compatibility View Settings, And Add You'r Web Site URL
          (I Have The Same Problem On Internet Explorer 9)
          I Hope It Will Fix You'r Problem
          (Sorry On My Bad English)
          Hi,

          Thank you for your help. Unfortunately this didn't work, but the help is appreciated.
          - SirTalksalot
          www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
          Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

          Comment


          • #6
            Is anyone ableto help me with this please?
            - SirTalksalot
            www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
            Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

            Comment


            • #7
              Not even support know?
              - SirTalksalot
              www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
              Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

              Comment


              • #8
                Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

                https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                Steve Machol Photography


                Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                  Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

                  https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages
                  Please don't think I'm being rude, but this is a joke! Is there no way you can narrow it down better then that? I have installed VB (of varying versions up to the current) and had them running successfully on many web sites over the years; the only difference is that they are older versions and I have never had this problem before. I know we should be fairly knowledgeable of website coding to a small degree if using VB, but seriously as an end user you expect me to trawl through 17 different possibilities to find the answer? You HAVE to do better then that, I find it quite bemusing that you can charge the prices you do, then expect an end user to have to figure this much out for themselves. That is terrible in my opinion.
                  - SirTalksalot
                  www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
                  Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No, there is no way I can narrow that down for you based on the info you have provided.. If I could, then that would have been my response.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                    Steve Machol Photography


                    Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                      No, there is no way I can narrow that down for you based on the info you have provided.. If I could, then that would have been my response.
                      Well, I'm amazed. For the first time in about six years, I'm going to start looking for alternatives to VB. A product that doesn't work and a 'don't know, don't care' attitude from it's so-called support. Even more amazing you don't even seem to care what a pathetically poor service this is!
                      - SirTalksalot
                      www.talk-uk.com - Talk UK News, Politics, and current affairs!
                      Ickle Ads - Get your FREE pixel adspace now! No catches, it's just free!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        why dont you put in a support ticket and let staff login to see what the problem is

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SirTalksalot View Post
                          Well, I'm amazed. For the first time in about six years, I'm going to start looking for alternatives to VB. A product that doesn't work and a 'don't know, don't care' attitude from it's so-called support. Even more amazing you don't even seem to care what a pathetically poor service this is!
                          Did you even go through the steps listed in the link in post #8? If I didn't 'care' I would not have bothered to provide that info to you.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                          Steve Machol Photography


                          Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Blank pages aren't all that specific of an error, there is no single magic solution to solve them, they need to be looked at further. Support staff are only human, they have to work with what they have, they don't have mystical seer powers. If you aren't going to try to diagnose it based off the docs provided, you'll want to open a support ticket instead.

                            Comment

                            Loading...
                            Working...
                            X