Bulk change of specific font colour bb code to different bbcode in existing posts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AusDisciple
    • Aug 2009
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Bulk change of specific font colour bb code to different bbcode in existing posts

Hi everyone,

I have just upgraded my forum from 3.8.4 to 4.1.4 and all went smoothly. However, one BIG issue I have now is that I was previously using a highly customised template with dark colours and in many places, we used the 'color' bbcode tags to add light colours.
    My issue is that I am wanting to maintain the stock vBulletin 4 templates but all the posts with light bbcode colour tags are very difficult to read.

Is there a way to alter ALL bbcode tags of a specific value and replace them with a different value without needing to go through thousands of posts and do this manually?

For example, I'd like to change [COLOR=Yellow] to [COLOR=Blue] in ALL posts where it currently occurs.
    Is this possible using the AdminCP somehow? Or is there another bulk method?
    I am OK with editing the database if that is the only option but I'd MUCH rather do it from within the vBulletin interface.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can assist me with this.
    Christian Disciple
    Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
  • nakedanvil
    • Mar 2010

I believe that could only be done with an SQL query. Basically a search and replace. I'm too new at queries to give one to someone else, but someone will be along to format it for you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...