Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grey_goose
    replied
    Yep yep.

Honestly I'm surprised this topic didn't have more interest. I really hope people that need this feature didn't just assume it was still working.

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    I didn't realise you meant someone who is just mod of a forum versus someone who is a global moderator. cheers for posting the issue/solution here.

Leave a comment:

• grey_goose
    replied
    For anyone that was following this, here is the Tracker: VBIV-12720

The fix is posted there, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• grey_goose
    replied
    Anyone?

What's next? Submitting a tech support ticket?

Leave a comment:

• grey_goose
    replied
    I checked there, and attached a screenshot here

Here it is again.

Unless you mean a different place? It's seems to be getting permission from *somewhere* besides those two places...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    check mod/super moderators group perms too. it may be set that they are allowed view any sg's they like though. i'm not sure.

it's normal for moderators to be able to see content normal users can't.

Leave a comment:

• grey_goose
    replied
    The permissions seem to work fine with normal users, it's just the Moderators that can see everything.

I've gone into ACP/Forums & Moderators/Show All Moderators and set "Social Groups" permissions to all NO but the problem persists.

Is there another place Moderator permissions are set which might be overriding Group permissions?

Leave a comment:

• grey_goose
    replied
    Originally posted by punchbowl
    I think what you have probably done is set the usergroup permissions to allow members to view social groups even if they aren't allowed thus overriding the social group permissions themselves. Recheck both the main usergroup permissions and the individual social group permissions.
    I have. The permissions were correct before the upgrade, and still appear to be correct. These aren't new groups, and deleting them or re-making them aren't really attractive options, given the volume of content.

Here's a capture of the permissions I have set:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	gperms.png
Views:	2
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	3682766
    Last edited by grey_goose; Thu 30 Jun '11, 3:46pm. Reason: Original reply wasn't very conducive to getting assistance. Shame on me.

Leave a comment:

• punchbowl
    replied
    I think what you have probably done is set the usergroup permissions to allow members to view social groups even if they aren't allowed thus overriding the social group permissions themselves. Recheck both the main usergroup permissions and the individual social group permissions.

Leave a comment:

• Hawk2
    replied
    try deleting and remaking them

Leave a comment:

• grey_goose
    replied
    Anyone? Anything?

Leave a comment:

• grey_goose
    started a topic [Forum] Social Group Permissions

Social Group Permissions

I recently upgraded from 3.8.4 and all of my social groups which were private are now visible. The permissions are set correctly, they just don't work. Where do I begin troubleshooting this?