I Upgraded last night from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 and am missing all the editor buttons plus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Successfulsteps
    • Sep 2010
    • 4.0.x

[Forum] I Upgraded last night from 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 and am missing all the editor buttons plus

Hi I upgraded to 4.1.4 last night and now all the editor buttons are missing. I also have members who cannot reply to threads or post at all new threads (and it's not isolated to any certain member groups, it's just random!) I reverted the editor.css and it didn't help one single bit.

Any help is very much appreciated and my members are ready to jump ship!

Click image for larger version

Name:	editorbox.GIF
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	3720861

I really need help fast to fix this problem!

Thanks advance! I am sure before the day is over I will be adding to this!
  • Ace
    • Apr 2004
    • 4.2.X

Check your "imgdir_editor" stylevar.
    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• g00gl3r
      • Sep 2004
      • 3.5.x

Try changing the editor setting from Enhanced to Standard. Then ask the members with problems to change their own settings in their General Settings (then they can find the editor setting under Miscellaneous near the bottom of the page).

Not sure if that will help you for the time being perhaps.

Comment

• Successfulsteps
        • Sep 2010
        • 4.0.x

Thanks but the imgdir_editor stylvar is set to the right path with the images/editor and the image files are there. I had considered this because I thought perhaps the buttons that I couldn't even see where there so I tried clicking in that blank area and nothing. And it's EVERYONE including myself who has no editor buttons. I had already checked the settings on the accounts and they were set to standard, and changing them between editors didn't seem to matter, still no buttons and still some members cannot post. I can post, and always have mine on Standard, but when I had others change to Standard it didn't help to them be able to post either. I am at a loss here and need help!

Comment

• g00gl3r
          • Sep 2004
          • 3.5.x

Try creating a new style with no parent and see if that style has the issue.

Also, stick a support ticket into VB asap to start the ball rolling with some actual support. No quick replies though I'm afraid. And you'll need to make your forum raw before they'll touch it (so no plugins, no custom style, no "suspect" files on the server [no files that didn't come with VB that is]) so not too practical.

Comment

• Successfulsteps
            • Sep 2010
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by g00gl3r
            Try creating a new style with no parent and see if that style has the issue.

Also, stick a support ticket into VB asap to start the ball rolling with some actual support. No quick replies though I'm afraid. And you'll need to make your forum raw before they'll touch it (so no plugins, no custom style, no "suspect" files on the server [no files that didn't come with VB that is]) so not too practical.
            Oh my, I might as well shut the forum down and hide under a rock! lol!

I did create a generic style and it didn't help at all. I am so disgusted with this it isn't funny. When members cannot post at all, they will leave and go to another forum. Our forum is where they make money and if they can't they will not stay. I have nothing but problems with vbulletin and I wish I had gone another route. I'll try the ticket but I already know from this morning when I bugged them about the install they aren't too happy with me. I stayed up all night trying to do the install and had so many problems. I wish this wasn't so hard. I want to go back to 4.1.3. It sure would solve all my problems right now. It makes no sense at all that a update would cause such ridiculous problems.

Comment

• Successfulsteps
              • Sep 2010
              • 4.0.x

I think
              I should reinstall 4.1.4 - is there a problem with upgrading again over it?

Comment

• Loco.M
                • Mar 2005
                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Successfulsteps
                Oh my, I might as well shut the forum down and hide under a rock! lol!

I did create a generic style and it didn't help at all. I am so disgusted with this it isn't funny. When members cannot post at all, they will leave and go to another forum. Our forum is where they make money and if they can't they will not stay. I have nothing but problems with vbulletin and I wish I had gone another route. I'll try the ticket but I already know from this morning when I bugged them about the install they aren't too happy with me. I stayed up all night trying to do the install and had so many problems. I wish this wasn't so hard. I want to go back to 4.1.3. It sure would solve all my problems right now. It makes no sense at all that a update would cause such ridiculous problems.
                This is why everyone suggest upgrading on test first
                Open a support ticket, the staff will get you lined out.
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

check AdminCP > Settings > Options > message posting interface > Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls and make sure it has Enabled Standard & WYSIWYG

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• netman
                    • Oct 2001
                    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Successfulsteps
                    Hi I upgraded to 4.1.4 last night and now all the editor buttons are missing. I also have members who cannot reply to threads or post at all new threads (and it's not isolated to any certain member groups, it's just random!) I reverted the editor.css and it didn't help one single bit.

Any help is very much appreciated and my members are ready to jump ship!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53759[/ATTACH]

I really need help fast to fix this problem!

Thanks advance! I am sure before the day is over I will be adding to this!
                    Make sure you upload the images/editor/sprite.png file to and custom style image directories you have.
                    http://www.maxxfusion.com

Comment

• g00gl3r
                      • Sep 2004
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Loco.M
                      This is why everyone suggest upgrading on test first
                      Open a support ticket, the staff will get you lined out.
                      They wouldn't touch it with a barge pole if it's not a stock board. No point with a ticket.

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

They wouldn't touch it with a barge pole if it's not a stock board. No point with a ticket.
                        We will look at the problem in a default style, but then usually we can tell you what the issue is with your own style. I had a ticket today where his sprite.png file was corrupted. After I reuploaded it for him, the editor showed in a default style. I then told him that his editor.css file needed to be upgraded for his custom style. You are right that I didn't do that for him (I don't know what was customized in there), but I did tell him what the issue was.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• g00gl3r
                          • Sep 2004
                          • 3.5.x

You could have told him that it was the sprite.png by doing a search for his sprite.png to see if it was loading right, and then just tell him to re-upload, surely?
                          Pretty sure it's been done thrice already today while I've been watching the threads to see if a VB staff member helps with my own problem, which they haven't.

Not trying to kick up a fuss here, just telling the guy how it works here.

Comment

• Lynne
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Oct 2004

You could have told him that it was the sprite.png by doing a search for his sprite.png to see if it was loading right, and then just tell him to re-upload, surely?
                            Pretty sure it's been done thrice already today while I've been watching the threads to see if a VB staff member helps with my own problem, which they haven't.

Not trying to kick up a fuss here, just telling the guy how it works here.
                            I did do a search for his sprite.png file in the browser and saw it was corrupted, and so I uploaded it. But, that wasn't all of his problem. He needed to update his editor.css file also.

Comment

• g00gl3r
                              • Sep 2004
                              • 3.5.x

Fair play. Touche.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...