X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazyfruitbat
    • Mar 2009
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] How do I turn off the CKeditor

I can't spot an option to turn off the CKeditor - where can I turn it off?
    My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

You can't.

Comment

• nakedanvil
      • Mar 2010

A forum wouldn't be much good without an editor.

Comment

• dartho
        • Sep 2005
        • 3.8.x

You can't "turn it off" so to speak, but you could recode your templates so it is not used. Whilst I have done this in my lightweight style so that only the basic editor is availble (ie. no smilies, bold, italic options etc.) it occured more as a by product of ripping out everything I could from the templates than by design.

Comment

• benative
          • Oct 2009

I you want to turn it off simply because you don't like CKEditor, why don't you downgrade it to 4.1.3?

Comment

• crazyfruitbat
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by nakedanvil
            A forum wouldn't be much good without an editor.
            Indeed sir, someone should explain that to Vbulletin, because for me the editor doesn't work and last time I checked, that is what I'm paying a vbulletin licence to do.

I'll admit, my post was short as I'm a disgruntled customer trying not to shout and scream.

On my mac, the CKeditor just doesn't work - I can't see the cursor, I can't move the cursor to another position, its a joke. It's a good job I didn't put this straight onto a live site or I would have masses of people flocking - five minutes of testing would have found the bugs.

ANYWAY... I just want the old editor working, but as you guys have confirmed it doesn't look like there is a choice in the matter without downgrading, which is just silly. So it seems the solution is clear...find another peice of software, my patience with VB has come to an end.

Thanks for all your help guys
            My site: www.sanctuary4gamers.com My Twitter and if you like video games, my podcast (itunes)

Comment

• beishe8
              • Oct 2005
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by benative
              I you want to turn it off simply because you don't like CKEditor, why don't you downgrade it to 4.1.3?
              No downgrades are possible with vB without knowing how the whole system works.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

• punchbowl
                • Nov 2006
                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by dartho
                You can't "turn it off" so to speak, but you could recode your templates so it is not used. Whilst I have done this in my lightweight style so that only the basic editor is availble (ie. no smilies, bold, italic options etc.) it occured more as a by product of ripping out everything I could from the templates than by design.
                interesting! I'm thinking of doing something similar but want the advanced button to remain.

Comment

• vbresults
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 3.8.x

Originally posted by beishe8
                  No downgrades are possible with vB without knowing how the whole system works.
                  This is not true. Just Impex from 4.1.4 to 4.1.3.

Comment

• BUDIMAN
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by lancerforhire
                    have u try it ? what about user's password ? can be used as normal ?

Comment

• Lynne
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by crazyfruitbat
                      On my mac, the CKeditor just doesn't work - I can't see the cursor, I can't move the cursor to another position, its a joke. It's a good job I didn't put this straight onto a live site or I would have masses of people flocking - five minutes of testing would have found the bugs.
                      I'm curious what OS you are running and which browser? I'm on a Mac and am not having any problems. I'm not saying you don't! I'm just trying to narrow this down a bit. I'm running 10.6.7 and can use the editor just fine in firefox 5.0, Safari 5.0.5, and Chrome 12.0. I did just see something strange with the auto-save in Chrome, but nothing wrong with using the editor.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by lancerforhire
                        Impex is not a supported method for downgrading. The only supported method for downgrading is to use your database backup of your site that you made prior to the upgrade and then upload the files for that version of the database.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• vbresults
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 3.8.x

Sorry; I meant export to another forum (like phpBB3) and Impex to 4.1.3.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                            Former Customer Support Manager
                            • Jul 2000

Yes, you can use Impex to import phpBB3 into vB.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• sportsfi
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 3.8.x

I am having this issue when posting using Google Chrome as well - works fine here, not on my board.

On my board I even:
                              A) Re-uploaded all files
                              B) New Default Skin

And there was no change. It works here on vb.com but not on my site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...