Quick Reply - Asks whether user wants to leave or stay on every quick reply made

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • addalover
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    Shouldn't appear unless you actually select the Quick Reply in the latest versions of the software.
    Dont understand this. I have restore the original file.but it didnt help. And what do you mean by " you actually select the Quick Reply in the latest versions of the software" Where i have to select the Quick reply? Its enabled. and full functional. I have created a support ticket for this issue. But staff refused to help on this issue?! As it is not vbulletin issue?

Comment

• Andy
      • Jan 2002
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by addalover
      Dont understand this. I have restore the original file.but it didnt help. And what do you mean by " you actually select the Quick Reply in the latest versions of the software" Where i have to select the Quick reply? Its enabled. and full functional. I have created a support ticket for this issue. But staff refused to help on this issue?! As it is not vbulletin issue?
      What version of vBulletin are you running?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by addalover
        Select - Click in the Quick Reply to type in a post. As in select it to make it the focus.

Your ticket is not supported because you want to modify the code to remove it completely. We don't provide support for actions like this. You were referred to vBulletin.org as well where such topics can be discussed.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.6.x

So, you're suggesting that users don't use Quick Reply at all?

I'm chasing this same issue on my site and I am seeing the same results with 4.1.8 since upgrading:

- clicking the Post Quick Reply button triggers the "Leave Page" dialog
          - editing the js file makes all of the controls disappear and "Go Advanced" nor "Post Quick Reply" do not respond to clicks.

I have started a thread on this because I hadn't seen any others. Some different search criteria have led me here.
          I don't mean to pile on, but rather, add to the discussion.

Edit: The js edit was a last ditch effort and based on instructions in JIRA.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

I don't see where I suggest this at all. I suggested that users force the refresh of the Javascript so the feature works properly.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
              • Aug 2005
              • 3.6.x

Apologies.

I interpret this " unless you actually select the Quick Reply " to suggest not to use Quick Reply.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Originally posted by dodgechargerfan
                Apologies.

I interpret this " unless you actually select the Quick Reply " to suggest not to use Quick Reply.
                Actually it means to select it on the page such as clicking a reply button or clicking in the editor box so that it becomes the active element on the page. No matter which browser I use, I don't get that message unless I select and activate the actual Quick Reply and then try to leave the page without saving. This is on 4.1.8. If you're not on 4.1.8 then you don't have the latest version and could be experiencing this issue. We won't fix it in previous versions, you'll need to upgrade.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• dodgechargerfan
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 3.6.x

Thanks.

This issue is on 4.1.8 and the popup occurs when clicking the "Post Quick Reply" button.
                  I've disabled Quick Reply on my board for now until I have something to try/tweak/change/fix to resolve the issue.

Again, apologies to the original poster. I didn't want to pile on to your thread. I did start one of my own, but it's getting no attention. (not complaining, just explaining)

Regards.

Comment

• kpuls
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 4.1.x

I'm having the exact same issue as dodgechargerfan. Upgraded to 4.1.8 last night, and now every time I try a quick reply, I get the message about leaving the page. (Never happened on 4.1.7 or earlier)

Wayne, I'm having difficulty following what we need to do to fix this...
                    Ken Puls, CMA, MS MVP (Excel)
                    Excelguru.ca

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by kpuls
                      Wayne, I'm having difficulty following what we need to do to fix this...
                      Clear your browser cache. Do you have the same problem?
                      Did you update or revert all templates in your custom style?
                      Does it occur on a default template?
                      If so, then what javascript errors and warnings are showing up in your Browser's Error Log?

The only most likely thing I can think of is the Browser Cache. Many people have Javascript cached for a year on their servers. So when you upgrade and we do something like upgrade the version of CKEditor, it can cause conflicts in the script and things don't work correctly. Clearing your browser cache allows you to make sure you have all the correct files.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• chrisngrod
                        • Aug 2011
                        • 4.1.x

4.1.12... It's still there. I knew I should have watched out when upgrading from 4.1.11. I have to find that mod again that I did to fix it. Hope I bookmarked it.

EDIT: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12548

Zerohour's soultion at the bottom worked before. It'll probably work again.
                        www.cricketusers.com - Cricket Wireless Users Forum

Comment

• brycethomason
                          • Apr 2012

I am having this problem with version 4.2.0 so new releases don't seem to be addressing this issue. With over 6 million posts on our forum, I can tell you the natives are very restless over this bug. I'm getting my ear pumped full from them everyday!

Comment

• chrisngrod
                            • Aug 2011
                            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by brycethomason
                            I am having this problem with version 4.2.0 so new releases don't seem to be addressing this issue. With over 6 million posts on our forum, I can tell you the natives are very restless over this bug. I'm getting my ear pumped full from them everyday!
                            It is the Energizer Bunny of problems. I'm betting the fix listed above still works. I'm scared to upgrade to 4.2.0 with all the plugin updates I'll have to do... Still on 4.1.12.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Super late response

Just incase that wasn't clear, I posted a possible fix.
                              Last edited by Zachery; Tue 26 Jun '12, 8:09am.

Comment

• chrisngrod
                                • Aug 2011
                                • 4.1.x

I don't think that works. That one zerohour posted sure does though. I wonder if there are side effects though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...