• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hdraye
    • Jul 2004
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Anyone with DotBlock?

Hi
    I had a server with Dotblock.com, things were running fine, had some "too many connections" error from time to time, they advised me to upgrade.
    Yesterday I did, they asked me to pay in advance ($9.something), and they told me it was done.
    Suddenly I started getting errors, they said it was IO errors and it should ease in 2-3 hours, due to time difference, I took their word and went to sleep.
    I found this morning (Friday night NY time) that my server was shut down as it consumed to much resources without me being notified, I called, it was early morning NY time, after waiting for 10 hours, I was told that the support team can do nothing about it and I have to wait till Monday morning (Tuesday my time).

I have a 30,000 member board with more than 50,000 page views daily, and they shut my business just like that, exposing me to penalties as my advertisers will not be happy.

Is this fair to me?
  • Neutral Singh
    • Sep 2004
    • 3.8.x

i am suffering the same fate although i have been their customer for a decade now... They have suggested me to go dedicated server or else? Support team has also shown its inability to do anything and will have to wait till Monday. There were absolutely no issues for last 7-8 months since i moved to VPS. Luckily i have daily backups on my computer.

I have 15000 members with more than 50000 page views daily.

Comment

• hdraye
      • Jul 2004
      • 4.1.x

Lucky you
      I was about to backup when they shut down the server.
      I dont mind upgrading to a dedicated server if they have said so before hand, but went with what they said, and now am being bunished for their mistake.
      Monday will be the last day for me with them, as they did not show any care what so ever, and suddenly switched the server down and went to enjoy the weekend.
      I wish I can take legal steps, but I am not in USA.

Comment

• Neutral Singh
        • Sep 2004
        • 3.8.x

Did you talk to them yet? What are they saying?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...