Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tintin74
    • Jul 2007

[Forum] I hate ckeditor

Hello, I hate ckeditor and I don't understand such things, like why the image button create an attachment instead a simply IMG tag. If I want to attach a file I can click over the attach button, don't you think?

I need an updated board but with old WYSIWYG editor. Why I couldn't choose?
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

test

the image tag adds an image
    you can however upload that image to your site, and that's where you see the [attach ] tag..

Originally posted by tintin74
    I need an updated board but with old WYSIWYG editor. Why I couldn't choose?
    I need a million dollars
    neither will happen without a lot of work.

the new editor isn't going anywhere, I'd suggest getting use to it and figuring out how to use it..
    Attached Files
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• punchbowl
      • Nov 2006
      • 4.0.x

the op has a point, it's a regression and afaik in the tracker. many people don't want to allow people upload images (of indeterminate copyright) to our sites. it's one thing hotlinking images, quite another downloading content from other peoples sites then uploading it to your own.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

I'm confused. This works exactly the same way as the old editor in 4.1.3. What's the issue?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Loco.M
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          I'm confused. This works exactly the same way as the old editor in 4.1.3. What's the issue?
          I agree
          Also I for one like the "upload this file to your website" option as do my members.
          I'd rather host the files myself vs hosting them on another site which could delete them.
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• Andy
            • Jan 2002
            • 4.1.x

Originally posted by tintin74
            why the image button create an attachment instead a simply IMG tag. If I want to attach a file I can click over the attach button, don't you think?
            To achieve the behavior you want, all you have to do is set this option to No.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> No
            Last edited by Andy; Fri 17 Jun '11, 11:34am.

Comment

• punchbowl
              • Nov 2006
              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Andy
              To achieve the behavior you want, all you have to do is set this option to No.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Advanced Insert Image Popup - Enable -> No
              Sorry at the time I thought this setting was broken. I thought I saw you on another thread saying that. It seems to work however I get "invalid url" no matter what value I put in. I think this may be an issue with my local setup though.

edit: fixed http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12369

Comment

• BUDIMAN
                • Jun 2010
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Loco.M
                I agree
                Also I for one like the "upload this file to your website" option as do my members.
                I'd rather host the files myself vs hosting them on another site which could delete them.
                you will have a big trouble & headache in the future when your forum have 100000 new posts everyday..backing up a vbulletin public_html files is a problem for me. Siggy, avatar, profile pic, attachment..oh nooo..

Comment

• punchbowl
                  • Nov 2006
                  • 4.0.x

Originally posted by BUDIMAN
                  you will have a big trouble & headache in the future when your forum have 100000 new posts everyday..backing up a vbulletin public_html files is a problem for me. Siggy, avatar, profile pic, attachment..oh nooo..
                  not to mention the copyright issues as people upload images they found on the net.

Comment

• Ramsesx
                    • Aug 2005
                    • 3.8.x

I hate the new editor is square. Want a rounded editor.

Comment

• Octavius
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 4.2.X

My members are always complaining about the new editor too. Only vbulletin.com loves the new CKEditor lol.
                      www.8thos.com

Comment

• setishock
                        • Jun 2005
                        • 4.2.x

I guess a bunch of folks asking for ckeditor wasn't such a hot idea after all. So many complaints...

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by setishock
                          I guess a bunch of folks asking for ckeditor wasn't such a hot idea after all. So many complaints...
                          No matter how awesome or new or great something is, some people still don't like it. After they fixed the IE9 crashing bug I really didn't have much of a problem with it.

Comment

• worried
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
                            No matter how awesome or new or great something is, some people still don't like it. After they fixed the IE9 crashing bug I really didn't have much of a problem with it.
                            Liking is one thing. Not being able to use it because of bugs is another.

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by worried
                              Liking is one thing. Not being able to use it because of bugs is another.
                              What bugs make the CKEditor completely not useable?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...