X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaxSD
    • Mar 2011
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Forum name/word color auto formatting

I have forum names which are colored. But every letter use different color (not every other, check example). It's possible to do it but vBulletin have max char limit for forum title, is there anyway I could increase this other than changing setting in PMA?

Example:
    My name is Dude

I used <font color> to paint letters, but they take too much space = reach max char limit.

And second question. How can I format specific word so when ever it's typed in forum (anywhere) it will be "auto color formatted"?

So lets say I put:

My Forum word to look like My FoRuM. So now when ever someone types in anywhere it the forum "My FoRuM" word it will be auto colored like on that example ^.

I did managed to pull this one off (with replacement variables for that skin) ^ but on browser in title I get"<font color="green">My</font> Forum"

How to get rid of font color etc.?

Using vBulletin 4.
    Last edited by MaxSD; Tue 14 Jun '11, 7:18am.
  • MaxSD
    • Mar 2011
    • 3.8.x

Any help please? It's easy question, any vB staff or bit experienced vB user could tell me the solution.

Comment

• MaxSD
      • Mar 2011
      • 3.8.x

No one?? Come on guys...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

The only way to increase this is my manually editing that field in the database.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...