X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoag
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] Removing the Search box but leaving Advanced Search

As the title suggest I would like to remove that from the nav bar. How do I go about doing that? I see code in the navbar template but when i take it out nothing happens. I tried a search on here but kept getting a message that my words were to short and were ignored so it was usless.

Thanks in advance

Brad
    sigpic
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

Did you try removing or commenting out this section in the navbar template?

Code:
    		<form action="search.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=process" method="post" id="navbar_search" class="navbar_search">
    			<vb:comment><input type="hidden" name="s" value="{vb:raw session.sessionurl}" /></vb:comment>
    			<input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="{vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}" />
    			<input type="hidden" name="do" value="process" />
    			<span class="textboxcontainer"><span><input type="text" value="" name="query" class="textbox" tabindex="99"/></span></span>
    			<span class="buttoncontainer"><span><input type="image" class="searchbutton" src="{vb:stylevar imgdir_button}/search.<vb:if condition="(is_browser('ie') AND !is_browser('ie', 7) AND !is_browser('ie', 8))">gif<vb:else />png</vb:if>" name="submit" onclick="document.getElementById('navbar_search').submit;" tabindex="100"/></span></span>
    		</form>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...